Signature Market News LLC / Unauthorized billing on AT&T bill

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I received my AT&T Bill with a charge of $16.75 from Signature Market News, LLC. I have never heard of this company, did not order their service and called to complain about the charge. I did get through to Signature Market News and they agreed to take the charge off and cancel the "subscription" - I have no idea what service(s) they provide for $16.75 per month. It is quite disconcerting that AT&T is arbitrarily allowing this company to add their charges to consumer's bills. Signature Market News is an active Florida Corporation. I'm sure AT&T has received numerous complaints and this should sent up a red flag for them.

The following is what is on the State of Florida, Division of Corporati0n's website about this company.

Detail by Entity Name

Title MGRM
CARNES, STEPHEN
522 HUNT CLUB BLVD, #259
APOPKA FL 32703 US

I intend to file a complaint with the Secretary of State of Florida and any other governmental entity which may be appropriate. This needs to be stopped before more people are scammed - especially such as the 84 year old gentleman in one of the stories on this website.

Comments

Ru
  23rd of Feb, 2009

I agree with the above mentioned complaint 100%!

I spoke to AT&T & Signature Market News. LLC and conveyed the message below to them.

"There needs to be some special codes only the owner of the phone number can provide before this company, OAN /Signature Market News, LLC, & AT&T are allowed to accept & bill any kind of service to a person's bill."

I am really appalled that this kind of situation is allowed to happen with all of the problems with identy theft! I feel that we should be reimbursed to the "maximum" for allowing this kind of transaction to take place.

Ruby McMillan

Gr
  2nd of Aug, 2009

I totally agree with the above complaints!
I opened my phone bill to find an unauthorized charge for an "email stock service" which totals $15.85. Not sure what that is but I've never heard of OAN or Signature Marketing. I know I didn't order it. I changed my Verizon monthly plan 6 months ago to take off long distance and other bogus charges, now I'm finding this charge along with another for a company named Transaction Clearing on behalf of Edeal Savings, that fee is 16.65. I've already filed a complaint with the state attorney general. These charges are nothing but a scam!
How are these scammers allowed to keep doing this?

Sa
  2nd of Dec, 2009

11-12-2009
Signature Market News has tried to Scam our Phone # through our phone company with an erroneous charge of 19.95 for something that I never even heard of nor did I authorize this charge. This is a scam when a person gets charged for something that was not ordered. The State of South Carolina is looking into the illegal practices of billing for unrequested goods.-- Sam Edwards

La
  23rd of Jun, 2010

I am one that was charge for transaction clearing .2 times on the same bill, these days I do will to pay what I owe not what I never authorized In the first place I can't believe AT&T would let some one add this to our bills.
What is really bad when you call to have this takin of they hang up on you

La
  23rd of Jun, 2010

I wrote the complaint above