Signature Furniture & Design / Bad Business Practices

1 9307 Abercorn St., Savannah, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 912-921-0284

I ordered some furniture from this business on 6/05/2009 (Money was on Lay-away)I was informed it would take 15 business days. I placed several calls to find out where my furniture was. They did not order the furniture till 6/12/2009. Which means furniture would be delivered on 7/03/2009. ONE MONTH LATER. They said "sorry"...let me put a rush on it. I told them not to bother...I was VERY unhappy at the way I was being treated...this was very bad customer service. They said "We are not in the business of customer service...we are in the business of making money". I said this was unacceptable. She (the owner) said she had to get "Permission" from her manager. I said what are you talking about? She then wrote down the phone number to her attorney. I said I did not want to speak to her attorney...I wanted my money back. I was very calm & cool (my son was there). she called the police to have me removed. I informed her I no-longer wanted the furniture...she said she was putting a rush and it was going to be delivered anyway.

According to them...NO REFUND. I informed them that they could keep the credit ($191.21) and refund the purchase price of the furniture. But they said NO. According to them...they are to only ones allowed to break a contract. Now...I want my $2000.00 back...in full.

I went there again to see if this can be settled...she informed me that she was going to the police to file a restraining order. NOTE: I did not do anything to warrant this. I asked for a refund...they refused.

Comments

24th of Jun, 2009

I spoke with the manager about this and she agreed to refund me the $1600 of the $2000. If this has not occurred...I will return with an update.

• Me
      9th of Jul, 2009

I'm in the same boat. I ordered a living room set to find out that the sectional came in but no sofa or ottoman. Not to mention that I had to check my original order because the sales person put the cheaper ottoman on order. Original order was placed 5/8/09. Picked up partial order of sectional on 5/25/09 (not to mention that they never informed me of this mixup). They have not been able to give me an update on the rest of the order for the past 5 weeks. I visited the store today and my supposed out of stock items were on the showroom floor. They stated these items weren't mine, but another customer's layaway. They then stated that I'm 8th in line. As for customer service: lies, lies, lies... Who's really the owner(s). One day it's a girl, the next day it's the stockroom worker. I checked with Ashley consumer affairs and they said that they have my items in stock and there is no reason that they should not be delivered to the retailer. I'm aggressively seeking resolution and given enough complaints, I"m sure a lawyer wouldn't mind making a few bucks off this case. Please email me at chriswhs99@aol.com, I would love to hear your experiences.

12th of Aug, 2009

Can you believe it?

This woman is try to sue ($15, 000) me for slander...because I reported her to the BBB and this board.

I have tried to contact you. If you will stand with me...I will gladly stand with you. We must stand united against fraud.

Please contact me.

Matthew Adams
    912-220-7761
    sozomax (at) gmail.com

• La
      18th of Oct, 2010

HELLO SAVANNAH, THIS IS LATONYA STEWART SINGLETON.
    I HAVE SUED THIS BI-POLAR INDIVIDUAL FOR SLANDER. HE HAS TAKEN THE TRUTH ABOUT A CONTRACT THAT WAS BROKEN BY HIM, BECAUSE HE WANTED TO RECIEVE A REFUND AFTER FURNITURE WAS ORDERED AND HE REFUSED TO RECIEVE THE FURNITURE THAT CAME ON THE EXACT DAY THAT HE WAS PROMISED. SO WHAT HE IS SAYING IS FAR FROM THE TRUTH WHICH IS WHY I SUED HIM.

8th of Mar, 2011

Ahh...Miss Singleton seems to have an issue with the truth. She TRIED to sue me for telling the truth. did not fly. 1. she never showed up for court...ever. The judge finally got tired of her excuses and threw it out of court (that means I WON). But...she still has me money or furniture. $2000. Hmmmm...if she is not telling the truth in the above statement...kinda makes you wonder. oh...and I will get my money back...it may take a while...but eventually I will...God is on the side of the righteous.

21st of Jul, 2011

well aparently god is on the side of the rightous. thats the side that has the money... Latonya.. And NO REFUND means no refund as long as it is writing in any court of law

21st of Jul, 2011

I purchased furniture from Signature furniture, now for the second time and I have always had a good experience. When ever I have refered others to them they have had simular experiences. It is unfortunate that you have had a bad experience and the only reason I am even commenting is because.. They have been in business 5 years so I'm sure they have more than the 2 customers that have made complaints. If you are reading this comment make sure you know that the good people do goes unseen but the bad is what gets out there. I went back into the store after finding these 2 comments on line and questioned both of them. Oh and I did say both of them, because it looks like the same 2 people have been posting a lot and posting every where. They told me they have a NO REFUND POLICY for 4 years now.. of which I already knew about and have never had issue with until I seen these complaints.. and the answer I got was the one lady has been refunded and it was only because the store was completly at fault for not finding out about her back order until the last minute and apparently they had an issue where the store owner and customer had some words and the owner refused to refund because the customer was writing these bad comments every where but later acted on princaple and refunded any way.. and this other guy they insist is just one of those people who wants to bully them and they did absolutley nothing wrong and for that reason they are not giving his money back.. So try them for your self.. and don't be side tracked over 2 bad complaints when they have 1000's of customers

12th of Sep, 2011

I Matthew Adams concede that my posting was not completely factually accurate. My furniture was available for delivery to my home on June 29, 2009, but because I was upset at what I perceived as bad company service, I refused to accept delivery of the furniture. The furniture has been present and ready for delivery since June 29, 2009. Further, it is still and always been there since that time to the present.

• La
      13th of Sep, 2011

I Latonya Singleton, made a statement referring to Matthew Adams as bi-polar. I would like to retract that statement as well as apologize for any and all verbal attacks directed towards Mr. Adams. Mr. Adams and I resolved our issues and would like to move foward with any and all false statements made about Mr.Adams mental state. He is not bi-polar

• Si
      30th of Oct, 2012

At Signature Furniture customer service is always our goal. And we like all companies in business have made our fair share of mistakes. Some mistakes and unsatisfactory issues are mistakes made internally, while others may stem from doing business with an array of various manufacturers throughout the nation.

Any time our customers have had an issue with our service, or their purchase we pride ourselves in going above and beyond to apease that customer, 97% of our customers with complaints we have managed to turn into satisfied, repeat customers. In business we have come to realize there are, however, those who who regardless of our actions and reactions, we could never please.

We invite you to come to Signature Furniture shop our quality, shop our prices, experience our phenomenal customer service and get a free onsite interior design consultation for your home, apartment, condo or office space.