Sigma Corporation of America / Refuse to honor warrenty

Sigma Corporation of America
After returning my lens to Sigma, I received an estimate for repairing the $237.00 lens of $200.00. Knowing that the lens was still under warranty I contacted customer service and through email was told that the technicians said the warranty was invalid due to physical damage. I was obviously shocked as I babied this lens, not once has it ever fallen or even been bumped. I called Lisa E., I will say I was impressed and grateful they had provided a contact, and she said she would research the explanation of physical damage. I tried to explain what happened to the lens and she stopped me and informed me and I quote " It doesn't really matter." Today I received a call from Tom and he informed me that there was a lens cover jammed onto the lens. This was a surprise to me since my wife packaged the lens for return. I asked him if he felt that would have anything to do with the problem I was addressing and he said that it didn't matter, that because they found any physical damage they were able to not honor the warranty.