Sify Broadband / Broadband services never available

1 India Review updated:

Got a connection around 8 months back. I had been taking a monthly pre paid pack and till now I have taken 3 compensatory packs (of course after spending so much time and money) for unavailability of their services till the pack got expired.

Now comes the mainstay.... Got a 3 month pack thinking that I dont need to go behind them everytime the service goes down for a week or so. I was in for a big surprise.. 20 days down the line, the service was unavailable due to reasons known only to them. That was on sep 24th 2007. Till date there is no resolution...

Beware..

Comments

• So
      28th of Nov, 2007

Hi ,
    I have to make this news public to the viewers that the broadband service of Sify at Bangalore is too bad.
    I have taken a Sify BB connection 1 year back with initial installation charges of Rs. 1800/- (non refundable).
    The connectivity is limited one(256 kbps ) for one month. There are lot of connectivity problem in Sify and they
    are changing the IP addresses etc without informing us and if you will call customer care they claim the problem will be resolved in 12 hrs. we have to follow up several times and it is not a toll free number. If you call to the technician directly they are diverting everything to Customer care and I feel there is lack of syncronisation between the customer care and the technicians.Once the problem is resolved again we have to spend Rs.10/- for calling the customer care to extend the connectivity period for the days we fail to access the internet.

This is happening not for me alone you can check with the other users of Sify at B.T.M Bangalore. This is very annoying.. The service cannot be improved unless it is not watched by several viewers over the media.

Regards
    BTM 2nd Stage
    Bangalore-76

• Ra
      1st of Apr, 2008

Its very true. Sify broadband connection is just pathetic. I don't have words to express how bad and pathetic service they provide. I don't have the net connection since last 10 days and everytime I call up they say there engineers are working on it. and bloody if you delay the payment by 1 day they come and sit on your head. I am really pissed off with there service. So many times it has happened that the customer care people have droped my call when I have been enquiring about the net connection. they just don't seem to bother about it. All the local people who provided the cable and the net connection, there cell phones are switched off. Bloody I feel like kicking there ###. I am so pissed of with these guys. They simply say they will compensate for the loss. Aree bloody what will u compensate. If we are not able to do our important work or send important mails, what compensation they will do. I am seriously palnning to give a article on this in the news paper stating there pathetic service and telling people not to go for sify connection.

• Ro
      4th of Sep, 2008

I do agree totally to whatever comments have been posted in ref to SIFY.Is there anyway to bring
    SIFY to the consumer court.?
    I guess they should be taught a legal way to function properly.