Sierra Rentals and Resales / timeshare resale

1 848 N. Rainbow Blvd, Suite 2110Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-516-2521

I accepted an offer from Sierra Rentals and Resales to buy my fractional ownership week at Velas Vallarta for $13, 900. In order to proceed with the sale, I prepaid the closing costs of $1195, which were supposed to be reimbursed at closing. I also paid a foreign investment tax of $695 to the state of Jalisco, in order to certify the title and escrow file. Payouts were to be made in October, after we were told that the required number of units had been obtained to sell all 52 weeks. But the payout never came, and now all emails are being returned and all phone numbers ring busy or are no longer in service.

More Sierra Rentals and Resales Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Be
      10th of Nov, 2010
    Sierra Rentals and Resales - Fraudulant company
    Sierra Rentals and Resales
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

Beware of this company they have scammed MANY people and their web site just disappeared one day - I just checked it and it is back online!!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE - DO NOT PURCHASE THEIR "MEMBERSHIPS" - THEY ARE JUST OUT TO SCAM YOUR MONEY. I have been taken by these people and hopefully by posting this it will help someone from being a victim of this scam.

• Po
      5th of Mar, 2011

I am really worried now too. I bought at Marival in Puerto Vallarta. They told me that Sierra would buy each week I do not use for $1000.00 a week. Someone had called me last year, but I had put them off as I was not sure that we would sell our week this year. Was told I could sell 2 weeks a year. Now the numbers that are listed on the brochure I got at Marival do not work (one says not in service, one you just get a busy signal). I googled Sierra and just TONS of negative postings are coming up. I also read they had an "F" grade by BBB. I think it is sad if Marival gave me the name of crooks. Absolutely none of you pay the $1195 closing costs they are asking for as NO ONE has received their money that I can tell, who have done so.

Anyone else have any experience with the Marival? Just buying the week is a little bit different than buying the whole property investment.