Sibilano Furniture / No sofa delivered

1 United States

I am sending you this e-mail on behalf of my 86 year old parents, Albert and Carol Guido. In April 2006, my parents purchased a sofa form Sibilano Furniture. They were promised delivery on July 11th. Twice Sibilano set up delivery dates with my parents who stayed home waiting for the sofa that never came, nor did the owner Angelo call them to explain what happened. When I called to find out what happened he told me that the sofa was on a boat held up in customs. Why did he make my parents wait for the delivery on two occasions if the sofa hadn’t been taken off the boat in New York yet? When I called back 3 weeks later he told me it was still being held up in customs along with other customer’s orders, but that it should arrive in Chicago in a week. I placed another call 2 weeks later and was told that they were still having problems getting it out of New York. He told me to call him back in 5 days, I did and he told me it was being loaded on a truck and it would be in Chicago in 4 days. Guess what, the truck broke down in Pennsylvania and was waiting for parts. Since this last conversation it has been over a month, with no contact from Sibilanos. I know if I called he’d probably tell me that the furniture was stolen from the truck. He has lied to me and my parents every chance he gets hoping that we ask for the deposit back because for some reason he can’t deliver this sofa.

Bo