Siamese Cat Rescue Center / only healthy kittens need apply

1 VA, United States Review updated:

After years of believing that the Siamese Cat Rescue Center was a place that cared for and sheltered all Siamese regardless of health or age and donating money to help the cause, we actually asked them to take one of our Siamese and we were told no.
We were told first of all that the cat had to at least "look Siamese" which she does and is, we were then told that it was too hard to find homes for older cats (she is only four) and that only healthy bouncy kittens were in demand.
We were also told about another cat which had also been turned down by the Center because the cat was old (14) and had diabetes.
We were so hurt by this total disregard for the well being of cats in need that we ceased all contact with the Center and told them that we would be sure to let the general public know that no one should be making donations to a center that has so many restrictions.

Comments

• Do
      21st of Jan, 2016

I surrendered two female cats due to a sickness. It broke my heart but this rescue promised me they would be placed in good homes. Suzie has herpes from her mother. It is important to hear her breathing and her and her sister who were adopted together this rescue was told no dogs. Well they placed these two cats in a home with deaf people and multiple dogs. Suzie could die if her breathing bad is not caught in time. This rescue group has blocked me from their sites, hung up on me and even sent me a bogus update so I would go away. I am worried sick and this rescue is hiding something.