Shred-It / Won't Sign doc for equipment return

1 4769 State Rt 233Westmoreland, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-69-shred

I went to work one morning with a letter of resignation. on the letter was a list of equipment being returned. My manager read the letter which stated I was quitting due to unsafe work practices and bad business ethics, etc. I asked him to sign the bottom stating I had returned my equipment, he said no. He then called the district manager and emailed it to him for review, and he also said no. The response was " we don't do that here." I argued that I had signed for keys, uniforms, etc when I was hired, that he needs to sign that letter confirming my equipment return and receipt of my resignation letter. He said that I never signed anything of the sort, which is a lie considering I have copies! This company apparently does not care for safety as the trucks are constantly breaking down. Even after a letter to OSHA, they refuse to fix them. The trucks leak all sorts of fluids, including hydraulic fluid which produces a slip hazard. Pic of oil on side was summer of 2012, which they told a driver to drive it to the repair shop instead of towing it. The other two were taken 03/13 after about 3 months of writeups!

Ev