Showcase ResortsFraud and cheating

1 Review updated:

An individual named Greg from Showcase Resorts contacted me around the first of May 2008. He told me that there was this “DEAL" from some buyer who wanted to buy my Las Vegas Summer Bay Resort for $22, 000 but they needed $2000 of refundable money up front and they would send me a check for $24, 000 when the deal was completely done. The entire deal was supposed to be done within a four month period of time. I was extremely skeptical so I demanded a “SIGNED" money back guarantee before I would sign any of their paperwork. After 4 months of getting the run around and lots of empty promises of such a document I finally told them I wanted my money back. As of today they still have no signed documentation from me.

For the last four months I have been calling trying to get my money back. I continued getting empty and false promises of them following through to find out what was going on and get my money back. They even attempted to send me a PHONEY signed document where it had the name of the director (David Medley). I was able see right away that it was simply typed using a French Script font (Would this be considered forgery?).

Four weeks ago they told me, “We'll have a check processed and in the mail in a couple days and you'll have it within a week." A week later I called and found out, “The check wasn't signed but we'll have it signed in the mail tomorrow." Last week (Dec 22nd) called again and someone who identified himself as Senior Management said has was going to make sure the check was processed TODAY and sent out tomorrow. You can probably already guess how my conversation with them today (Dec 29th) went when they told me, “Just give us three more days."

They have NO SIGNED AGREEMENT from me yet they still keep my money.

Ba

Comments

• Up
      Apr 13, 2009

Keep us informed as to the status of your refund. We have been trying since July 9, 2008.

• So
      Nov 03, 2009
    Showcase Resorts - fraud
    Showcase Resorts
    953 E. Sahara Ave, Ste 256
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: [protected]

We were contacted in Aug of 2008 by a woman from sh0wcase resorts who told us that a corporation was interested in purchasing a block of timeshare points at Bonnet Creek in Disney World. She offered us a good pricefor our timeshare points but we had to send $2000.00 up front which would be refunded. Before sending the money, I checked with the BBB and they were listed there. I also had them send me a contract up front. To make a long story short, the timeshare never sold - they kept putting me off and making up excuses - the contract evidently isn't worth the paper it is written on. I called many times and spoke to Patrick Novak who kept giving me excuses and finally admitted that the "company" had backed out of the deal. We got no money refunded. He told me that their lawyers were working on getting our money back from the company, but the company didn't have our money - Showcase did. I would advise anyone to stay away from Showcase resorts - they are frauds.

• Ha
      Jan 29, 2010
    Showcase Resorts - Fruadulant sales
    Showcase Resorts
    Las Vegas, NV
    Citrus Heights
    California

My ex-husband and I are pursuing a complaint against Showcase Resorts that contacted him in the spring of 2008 regarding an overseas company that wanted to purchase our 9 timeshares. The caller, David Medley, said the over seas company was looking for quality timeshares that could be used as a tax write-off. After 20 months of phone calls, and visiting their office in Las Vegas, all we have received for our $18, 000 is excuses. Both my ex-husband and I in separate visits have gone to their "business" in a run-down, filthy office building. The business is a scam! Per www.manta.com their annual sales are $5-$10 million with 20-49 employees. Having seen where they do business I would question that they are this successful, but if they are scamming this much money off of unsuspecting citizens, they need to be stopped. Actually, they need to be stopped, if ANYONE has lost money. If interested in pursuing closing this company down, please contact me.

• Ha
      Jan 29, 2010

The company is located in Las Vegas, NV

• Ar
      Apr 15, 2010

I'm glad I am not the only one they have done this to. I also was "promised" a "too good to be true" sales price for my 3 timeshares. I started out with one timeshare they told me that would be sold in 3 months, but then they said if I listed my other timeshare, they could "bundle" the price and it would be much more than what it was worth. Stupid me!!! When I didn't get the "promised" sales contract and check, I called them, and they said, "It is in corporate, and they will buy the resorts, but you have to call back in 4 months." Well, after several complaints, and 3 years later, to several "senior management" employees, I am still waiting. I have tried to leave messages, but no return calls, so I think they may be out of business now, and so is my $6K I gave them to sell the timeshares. I have hired a lawyer, but I have a feeling it will be futile if they went bankrupt.

• Ar
      Apr 15, 2010
    Showcase Resorts - FRAUD!!!!
    SHOWCASE RESORT
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

BEWARE of this fraudulent company. I have been "promised" a sale of my 3 timeshares, total sale price being $60K, to be sold within 3 months. It has been 3 years, and now they are no longer answering their phones. I am hiring a lawyer, but they may have already skipped town. I knew it was too good to be true, but the salesman reassured me and told me that this was a "legit" company.

Nov 11, 2010

Showcase Resorts helped me sell my timeshare. It wasnt at the original sales price but I got something for it. Timeshares are lemons. Nobody wants them.