Showcase Motors / used vehicle

1 Pittsburgh Pa, United States

Buyers beware!
Never purchase a vehicle from showcase motors in Pittsburgh!!!

My son recently purchased a used truck. He wasn't able to leave with it because the starter supposedly needed fixed. Once he was able to pick up the truck it ran like crap. With in 48 hours of getting the truck the check engine light came on and the dash lite up like a runway. Took it to our local mechanic and was informed there were many concerning issues. We returned to Showcase with a list from the mechanic and attempted to return the truck. Barry, the owner insisted they be allowed to attempt to fix it, this of course was done after he called our mechanic and spoke to him in an arrogant, ignorant manner. Throughout the process we were told it will be a couple of days, then a few days, we'd call for updates and were promised call backs but would never get them. Finally, my son decided to just show up, check to see if repairs were completed, and pick the truck up so it could once again be inspected, per Barry the owners request by a certified state inspection mechanic. When he arrived, Barry was completely intoxicated! My son was almost instantly verbally assaulted and threatened. Barry, was slurring his words, using vulgarities, and totally out of line. My son called the Pittsburgh Police, who responded and helped settle the situation. My son wanted to leave the truck and get his deposit back, but was told he would need to file a civil suit. The officers also addressed the owner regarding the fact that he was conducting business while being intoxicated but unfortunately he wasn't technically doing anything illegal so he wasn't cited. That night my son left with the truck, which was running worse then before. He took it to get inspected and it failed. Finally Yesterday I contacted the State Police fraud unit out of Pittsburgh. Shortly after my son was contacted by Barry, the truck, which was now undriveable, was towed at Showcases expense, and my son was refunded his deposit!! It was the worst three week experience of my life! Never have I dealt with a more unprofessional, arrogant, ignorant, vulgar person in my life!! Barry is totally a scam artist!!

Na