Showcase Listing / Failure to Pay Wages

1 1101 California Ave, Corona, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (951) 734-8542

This company hires all of its employees under 1099 Independent Contractor. That is how they get away having each employee in their customer service department working for well under state and federal minimum wage, around $250 per week or an unacceptable $6.25 hourly wage for a 40 hour week. No benefits are offered, and employees are encouraged (by management) to apply for unemployment and food stamps to make up the difference in what they receive at Showcase.

With Showcase Listing, you get what you pay for. The people they pay to handle the accounts are not compensated properly and are not taught the best practices in search. In fact, there are many accounts that have been sold that they cannot get up in the search engines because of their black hat (spam) techniques.

As a previous "independent contractor" of Showcase Listing, I have seen the fraud. Clients keep paying month after month with NO RESULTS FROM SHOWCASE LISTING. This is great for the owners and investors of Showcase Listing, but terrible for clients of showcase listing. To anyone that receives a call from this company I would suggest you do more research into the local listing process. The local listing process seriously takes under 5 minutes of your time and it is FREE!, not the $199 per month people pay this scam of a company for!

Comments

• Sf
      18th of Oct, 2009
    Santa Fe
    New Mexico

After agreeing by email to cancel my account they have continued to charge my account to the amount of $636 over 4 months. I was busy and did not notice right away. I have an appointment with my bank tomorrow. Most likely I will simply cancel my card but all my accounts went into the negative so I will have to deal with that as well.

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR SERVICES WITH SHOWCASE LISTING. THEY ARE A FRAUDULENT COMPANY.

• Hu
      22nd of Feb, 2010
    Showcase Listing

This company contacted me stating they would list my business on the first page of the Google search engine. They said there was a money back guarantee, so I paid the start up fee and waited for my business to show up. It never did. When I called to cancel, I was informed that there was never a money back guarantee offered and that I would just lose the money I invested. Showcase Listing lied to me and I am out about $600.

4160 Temescal Canyon Road
    Corona
    California
    Phone: 951-277-1300
    showcaselisting.us

I am outraged at the lies people have been telling about Showcase Listing! They have always helped me from day 1. Every time I call with a question there is actually someone who answers the phone. I have even gone down to the office there in Corona, it's the corporate office I believe, and the people there were very nicely dressed and very polite. All of you people who are telling these lies should be prosecuted! I almost did not get listed through Showcase Listing because of them. I am very glad I did not listen to all of these bogus lies! I have more business than ever and I am VERY pleased with Showcase Listing.

You are lying!

This company is great!

5th of Jul, 2010

ha ha and im sure youre someone who works for the company whos writing this LOL!!!

5th of Jul, 2010

i can tell you by worker there for a VERy short time you def wasted ur money, and theyre going to give u the hardest time ever if u try and tell them they owe u money

19th of Aug, 2010

Are you aware listings on Google are FREE? Why would you pay for something that's free and takes a few seconds of your time?

19th of Aug, 2010

I'm sorry that this has happened to you! I Please know that listings in the "showcase section" (local section) of Google are free to start and maintain. Never pay for a company to manage such things - there is a lot of information online that can walk you through the process of setting these things up - without paying a dime! :)

19th of Aug, 2010

I've seen other complaints like this from former employees... kind of sad that there are companies out there that not only screw customers, but screw their employees too! Earlier today I saw another ex-employee talking on the Yahoo local business reviews... seems about the same as yours: http://local.yahoo.com/info-46851062-showcase-listing-local-online-marketing-corona-corona?tab=reviews#reviews

This seems like more and more like a scam. :(

• Ms

Hi Darek
    I'm impressed with you work, Showcase Listing, I'm up and hopeful this will generate income, so we can do more work together in the future. Again I'm Impressed.

Mark Sumpter,

Academy of Pest Control
    Claremont, CA

• As
      21st of Sep, 2010

Thank You So Much Showcase! We are so happy with Showcase Listing. We would recommend this service to all our friends in the business, and recommend others to Showcase Listing. They kept their promise and executed it very well, as it shows. Our business is now BOOMING! Thanks again!

Victoria C.

President and C.E.O
    Asap Auto Glass

4th of Oct, 2010

Victoria:

How can you say that showcase is doing their job? Your company isn't listed on the first page of Google for Auto Glass in Irvine CA? Are you paying them to NOT have your listing there?

4th of Oct, 2010

LOL, that's nice that other companies out there don't seem to think Showcase is a FRAUD, but what about other employees? Are they paying you under the table? Are you at least making minimum wage?

It seems like someone is spamming compliments from companies not even listed well (asap auto glass and academy of pest control). Come on Showcase, do you think people are gonna buy this? :)

• Ri
      26th of Oct, 2010

I worked for showcase listings in corona for about six weeks. I quit because they don't pay hourly they don't pay at all . Its is commission based the only money earned is if u sell a position. We would make cold calls. It was a joke to work for them.

• Al
      9th of Feb, 2011

I have been with show case listing for about 8 months and i can't say enough amazing things about them. From the beginning speaking with danny my sales rep. i was so happy. I'm a little slow when it comes to the internet and everything it has to offer to my company's. From the first day i recieved a call from showcase listing i have been amazed at what they have done for both my company's. I had alot of questions for danny and he answered everything for me so i could understand what was going on. If your like me you get alot of phone calls from company's that claim they can get you on the front page of google, bing, msn and the list goes on. Since the first month with show case listing they have done just that. I'm all over the internet with both of my moving company's boston quality movers and atom moving and storage. After i got everything set up with showcase listing i was put in contact with ramona and norma two lady's that i can't say enough good things about. I have had so many questions and they have walked me through everything and have showed me such good results. i have worked with alot of different company's for internet optimization and show case listing is the best of the best. i would recommended them to any one just not my competition hahaa .. Any ways i just wanted to tell about my experience and try to help other companies out there that are looking to be on the front page show case listing is the way to go Thanks again danny, ramona and norma YOUR THE BEST
    Alan

16th of Jun, 2011

The only thing that will ever boom from showcase is your phone when you cancel them. Get ready for the threats.lol. Derrick is a joke dont listen to what he has to say at all.

16th of Jun, 2011

ASAP auto glass and academy of pest control must be there only happy customers! LOL, come on derrick we all kno as its you! Showcase have screwed over so many ppl that it wont matter how many fake reviews comments etc. you post, you'll never ever be able to keep up!!! Stay away everybody!!!

16th of Jun, 2011

LOL!!! What a joke they spend more time scaming people than work. I just hope it catchs up with them someday it will! I love the fake reviews btw...

16th of Jun, 2011

Ooo yeah callieR where are located?? Corona'CA.?? Thats funny so is showcase, I WONDER if thats why business is booming... B/C you work for them...lol

16th of Jun, 2011

They just rob people thats what they do! And threaten dont do business with showcase... Waste of time and money...

• Di
      18th of Sep, 2013

this place should be shutdown and a class action lawsuit brought up against them for all the stealing they have done. They lied, stole, and did nothing they said they would do. stay away