Showbiz Promotions / Terrible scam!

4446-1A Hendricks Ave Su. 238Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
3.75
I ordered a Vickdog chew toy in August of this year (2007) I haven't received it as of December 25th, 2007. I received an e-mail in October explaining that there was a production problem and a shipping schedule. The toy was supposed to be shipped around November 7th. At the end of November, I e-mailed and asked the whereabouts of the toy. I received a 'form' e-mail, telling me that they were shipping them out, but some people hadn't given their correct addresses and they were getting them back. They assured me that they would ship them all out again.

The e-mail also stated that I shouldn't bombard them with e-mails, because it would only slow down the shipping schedule. The whole tone of the letter was rude. A week before Christmas I wrote again, and received the same 'form' letter response. I have never felt the need to sue anyone before, but I believe that I've been ripped off and am open to a class-action suit.
Va

Comments

Je
  28th of Dec, 2007
I too have not recieved my Vick toy. I have written numerouse emails and have recieved the form letter advising not to bombard with emails. At one point I asked for my money back and they said that the time to do a refund had expired through Pay Pal.
Me
  8th of Jan, 2008
I was ripped off too and received the same for letters when I was trying to get my purchase and my money back. Needless to say, I am pretty pissed. The toys I bought were for gifts and bought them in August for Christmas presents. How in Hell has this opperation not been shut down yet???
Ju
  27th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Serves you right for buying such a product. I'll bet you saw dollar signs and you were gonna put it away and retire when you sold it. Christmas presents??? Yea right. You shop in August for Christmas...and I'm sute the dog you were buying it for doesn't know the difference between Mike Vick chew toys and whatever else is out there. What, you were giving it to a child? A Gift?? You lyin' sack of dung. Sounds to me like you are trying to convince yourself it was a righteous purchase. The guy who the toy is named after, murdered and tortured defenseless dogs and you are going to give a present on Christ's birthday in the name of that guy?? Since only two peeps have commented here, I'll bet they didn't even get enough orders to make 'em. Live and learn but don't cry and snivvle when you chose to invest in something like this.
  27th of Jan, 2009
The president of Showbiz Promotions should be fired. I understand that the media exploited Caylee but making a doll to sell for a profit is totally uncalled for. But if were to happen anywhere it would happen in America. They say it is to go to charity but come on, with corporate exec's scamming people left and right (Madoff with our $) we know it's to make a buck. Only in America.