ShortTask.com / failure to pay

After acquiring the needed 20 dollars to withdraw to my paypal account, they never sent a single penny over. Repeated emails to them about the issue have all been ignored.

ShortTask.com

Comments

• Dr
      4th of Aug, 2009

hi, Negative, I have almost earned so far $230 through this site and thats again in withing a month. They just reduced the minimum withdraw limit to $20 as previously it was $50. So far three times I redeemed my money and I got my balance deposited in my PayPal account in 24 hrs.

Its not all, we are a group of 14 people and all we are working individually with shorttask and I have all them with good position in terms of earning money regularly.

• Is
      8th of Aug, 2009

Drebark. How much were you paid by Shorttask to post your very questionable response here and on other forums? I've looked at shorttask's tasks and never found $230 worth of tasks that could be completed within a month.

Exactly what were the tasks that you and your 14 people worked on? And about those 14 people, are you saying that it took 15 people working together to reach $230?

• Gr
      9th of Aug, 2009

Judging by how many words that are posted in his comment...I would say about $0.20

11th of Aug, 2009

Not exactly 15 people, but when I begin we were only 4 people started working and now it reached to group of 15. And there were many tasks I found on shorttask that offered $8 and they were job posting related. May be those tasks not available right now but I remember to accept work of one seeker for $6 to do resume submissions kind of work, it was purely data entry type of work but worth of doing to earn $6 and these how we earned $230 in a month and definitely not a joke.

I am just saying that if you guys like to work on such sites then go ahead do the work and earn money, what is the point arguing here and there and rather spending time doing work on ShortTask or MTurk, I would say both are the same platform.

• Sh
      23rd of Aug, 2009

Stay away from shorttask.com. They do not pay out as advertised and refuse to respond to repeated inquiries about the non=payment. It was a toal waste of my time.

• Vi
      25th of Jan, 2010

Stay away from shorttask.com. Its a scam...

• Oa
      11th of Mar, 2011
    ShortTask.com - The site would be great if it weren't filled with spammers
    Shorttask.com
    shorttask.com

This site if for businesses who have small tasks that don't need in-house hired help to perform small tasks like going to a certain website, clicking on a link or trying and app, and reporting results, or sometimes posting an ad. The tasks are all different, but small pay. Too small if you ask me. Pay is like 0.10 for a 2 minute job, but some range higher depending on the payer.

The site would be great if it weren't filled with SPAMMERS! Tons of spam listings that all you'll rack up is junk mail and such. There will be tons of listings one page and only maybe one of them are genuine. But if you are a business, you're not getting a lot of results since spammers are scaring them off. If you're an online worker, the jobs would look simple and legit, until you realize the site you were led to were one of those "you won a prize", now enter your info, and claim at least 3 promotional offers to get the prize. But the tasks will just tell you to go to the site and then tell you to enter the url at the end of the process (process not explained) and you'll get paid for the url.

ShortTask doesn't weave through the spammers to delete them. If you actually want a legit job for side cash, go to UserTesting.com. Website owners will pay to watch a real person use their site so they can discover where their site is confusing. It's done by video recording your computer screen, and you get paid $10 per website. Tasks are about 10-25 minutes.

19th of Apr, 2011

Please post the new 2011 payment proof from them I want to see...

• Pr
      8th of Dec, 2014

i can't withdraw money from shorttask.i can't choose the subject .it is locked

• Rk
      22nd of May, 2015

shorttask. they are not replying for the emails and they are not verifing the works i submitted. what should i do. my mail id rahulka93@gmail.com. plse somebody help me

• Vc
      24th of Sep, 2015

Shorttask have disabled their contact form and are not replying to emails regarding payments. I urge seekers to stop using them as the solvers are not getting paid.