Shores Communication Co / Hostile and Toxic Work Environment

1 627 Ash StGlobe, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 928-425-5870

The owners of this company, Roy and Ervina Hudgings, practically moved Heaven and Earth to help my husband and I move from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma to Globe, Arizona last year. My husband was lured to this company by Roy with promises of good pay, health benefits, specific equipment training, and higher education opportunities, none of which ever materialized. He was employed by this company from April 9, 2007 to March 6, 2008. He endured over nine months of personal insults, verbal abuse, and totally unprofessional conduct on behalf of the owners, Roy and Ervina Hudgings. Never once did my husband or any of his coworkers ever receive any recognition for a job well done ( when something worked right, Roy took all the credit and when it didn't, my husband and his coworkers all took the blame). This is most likely the reason why this company has a very high employee turnover rate. Under the current ownership, this company is a very hostile and toxic work environment. On March 6, 2008 my husband was forced to terminate his employment with prejudice, return to Oklahoma, and begin seeking other employment. Under the present ownership of Roy and Ervina Hudgings, my husband and I cannot, in good faith, recommend this company to potential employees or customers.

Da

Comments

6th of Aug, 2008

I never worked for Roy, but I have talked with him. I saw through the BS and never did go to work for him. I am so sorry this happened to you. I had a friend Rex Gillan who worked for him and same thing. This has been his reputation for 20 years.

He is somewhat of a laughing stock in the industry, he brings in people from all over the country, with wild promises. His wife is a loudmouth who is rude to everyone. He has been actively recruiting folks since 1988. Of course you wouldnt know this in OKC. I remember seeing his ads since then. When he needs to run an ad in Mobile Radio Technology he just calls up and say's "Hey this is Roy run Ole number 7 ad would ya".

Tell your husband not to take this personal, this has happened to countless others. Look into Smith Communications In Fayettville Arkansas, or DCS in Fort Smith. These are professional quality organizations. Good Luck.

He has nothing to offer any quality people so lies and promises his way

26th of Aug, 2009
    Shores Communication Co - Bad customer service
    Shores Communication Co

The owners of this company, practically moved Heaven and Earth to help my husband and I move from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma to Globe, Arizona last year. My husband was lured to this company with promises of good pay, health benefits, specific equipment training, and education opportunities, none of which ever materialized. He was employed by this company from April 9, 2007 to March 6, 2008.

My husband and I would not wish this company on our worst enemies. For those seeking employment or services, we recommend that you look elsewhere.

• Te
      3rd of Sep, 2009

This outfit has a revolving door when it comes to technicians. Roy is not a nice guy at all to work for and constantly berated the employees. When I worked there I saw 3 techs come and go. He just wanted a tech for 6 months and would look for another.He had a continuos ad in MRT and boasted about the drawer full of resumes. He wouldn't ever pay overtime and expected you to take on-call for nothing. He is such a small fish that the Labor Board wouldn't go after him but he was breaking all kinds of labor laws. The shop is a little dumpy garage and no tech area just benchs right in the garage. There was no AC in the summer and most of the time the Techs did installs outside since it was cooler and had more room to work. Acording to Roy and Ervina everyone that ever worked there was no good and they were the ones acutually caused their own problems by the extreme mistreatment they dished out. I would strongly advise to not consider working there under any circumstances unless you want to be another victim.

• Th
      12th of Sep, 2009

I know how you feel. I did a one year sentence at harsh labor at the hands of Roy and Ervina. You can possibly expect to receive a last jab in with your final W-2 statement from them. Here is what I received;

TAKE NOTE. THE BLOG HAS BEEN EXTREMELY HELPFUL. PERSONEL WITH A LACK OF PROPER ABILITIES HAVE CEASED TO APPLY HERE. ALL THE SHOPS IN THE SOUTHWEST HAVE FOUND IT AMUSING.

This was typed on a plain sheet of paper and unsigned. It was sent through Certified Express Mail, meaning that they paid $9.85 to send me their last 2 cents.
    LMAO

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Signed,

One Of Those Damned Okies (LOL)

• Ba
      20th of Mar, 2012

Years ago, my significant other also received an invitation from Roy to interview for the position of radio technician. After spending a day with him, we both agreed to pass on the job as unfortunately we were seeing just far too many 'red flags'.

First of all, neither one of us had a good feeling about Roy, or his wife, from the get-go and this feeling of unease didn't improve one bit upon meeting them in person. Second, Roy actually stated that his turnover rate was pretty much through the roof!! Not only that but he was also bad mouthing former employees!! The final straw came when both Roy, and his wife, told us that they did not like computers..Translation this company was technologically behind the times and had every intention of staying that way! So needless to say we saw through the BS and hit the road the following morning. Sadly a friend of ours wasn't so fortunate.

Six months later our good friend was doing an online job search and happened to come across Roy's ad, submitted his resume, and of course, Roy called. We tried our best to convince him to just keep looking but he told us he was going to chance it as he really needed work. So he packed up everything he owned, accepted the position, and moved to Globe. Within less than three months, he knew that accepting the job was a big mistake but unfortunately it was too late. The combination of being unemployed for nearly six months plus moving expenses had pretty much depleted his savings..So, in other words, he was trapped! He accepted a position in one of the mines there in Globe and eventually moved on to California.

Now for some good news..Upon some recent research it seems that the company has since been sold..Now under new ownership so no more BS from Roy or his wife. So hopefully conditions have improved under the new management as it is truly pathetic to see people being taken in this way.