Shoprite / terrible management

Shop Rite is a terrible place to work. Managers and workers abuse their seniority and get away with everything, while they treat others like absolute garbage. Whats even worse is that upper management doesnt even listen to your opinion, and neither does the union. Its really sad. Isn't the union supposed to help? If they dont help, then why do they even exist? They only listen to upper management, and not the employees. The union also takes out a ton of money from your paycheck.
Its sad to see people that have been working there for years are so miserable, and fear leaving because they might lose their benefits, so they have to deal with being mistreated and taken advantage of. It is unfair, they are hard working and good hearted people (unlike the management).
I came to this board to let people know about my honest opinion, since no one at Shop Rite bothered to listen to my opinion. It is not my intention to make them look bad for my own amusement. I have tried many times to complain to upper management, but to no avail. I am glad I quit.
When I quit, I left a well written (and non insulting) letter instead of putting in my 2 weeks (I couldnt stand staying there any longer..unfortunately). When management read it, they laughed. I guess was just "easily replaceable".
Not to mention that SAKER owned Shop Rites get hit pretty hard. Whenever Mr. Saker came in for a visit, we were told not to say hi or wave to him. He looks down upon employees as peasants. How terrible. Shouldnt a store owner be more pleasant towards his employees?
Many companies are falling into this habit. But they will have employees that will not only provide poor service due to mistreatment and being taken advantage of, but they will keep quitting.

Fe
Jan 27, 2014

Comments

• Be
      Nov 08, 2010

Two stupid people in parking lot harassed me as I walked to my car. Avoid this store after 10 PM.

• Tr
      Dec 20, 2010

The management has to learn to keep annoying customers in late model cars out of their lot.

• Gi
      Oct 12, 2011
    Shop Rite - Sold me tiramisu cake that had spots of fungus
    Shop Rite

I bought a tiramisu cake this morning, after my family ate it we realized it was spoiled. It had spots of fungus. when we verified the expiration date, we realized that it was expired 5 days ago. three persons ate it, 2 of then are complaining of stomach pains.

• Fe
      Jan 27, 2014

If anyones interested, I could also tell you some of the nasty things that some department managers have said to me.

• Re
      Jan 27, 2014

To me it sounds like you must have forgot that in all jobs there are the people who are bosses, and the ones like you, who aren't anywhere near being boss. There isn't any reason on earth that you should be treated like royalty.

• Iz
      Jan 28, 2014

All companies take money out of paychecks, it's called taxes. It's quite sad that you did not know that.

• Ir
      Feb 12, 2014

The Shop Rite of East Brunswick should be sued for allowing their managers to physically and mentally abuse their employees. The employees get threats of being fired and the union does absolutely nothing to help the employees being harassed. It's always the same managers. People just quit because it's a waste of time to complain about it since no one cares but I do Shop Rite and if anything happens to my daughter or grandchildren because the miserable manager feels that my daughter has to be in work whether it's a state emergency or not knowing that she would have to drive in this coming storm with children in the car because school will be closed and now they have to be dropped off at the babysitters. All I can say is god bless shop rite for I will sell everything I own to get the best lawyer I can get and sue Shop Rite for all that it's worth and the managers involved for looking the other way and allowing a hostile environment to continue in a work place!!

• Re
      Feb 12, 2014

If your daughter doesn't like working at Shop Rite, maybe she should quit and get a different job. Part of having a job is to report to work in all kinds of weather, unless the business is closed. There aren't very many businesses that close because of any kind of storm. IF your daughter is old enough to have kids in school why isn't she doing her own complaining? As far as that goes, why don't you go to house or have her bring the kids to your house before the storm hits? If you are so concerned that would be the sensible thing to do. What makes you think your daughter and grandkids wouldn't be out running around in the storm, if she didn't have to work. You might think she wouldn't be, but that isn't something you can count on. You don't say where you are complaining from, but the way it sounds it might be wise for you and your family to get used to heavy winter weather. There isn't much of any type of weather that keeps South Dakotans home, unless it is traveling out of town and there are some of us that even do that. Did your daughter check to see if she had to work, or did she know she was scheduled to work. If she didn't talk to anybody about it, she could call in sick.

• Ex
      Jul 06, 2015

I am also an ex coworker of the East Brunswick Shop Rite and it is a truly terrible place to work. I feel sorry for anyone currently working there.

Jul 06, 2015

Blah blah blah, you people do your jobs and you won't have issues with management if you did your job properly. The union is probably siding with those that have to pick up the pace for your slacking off. Same goes with all you bashing the company. Grow up, if you are old enough to work act it.