Shoprite / I am very disappointed
I bought a kettle in November last year at Shoprite in Bellville Voortrekker Road. Last week I noticed that the kettle boils water but doesn't switch itself off, I have to switch the main plug on the wall for it to stop boiling.
I took the kettle back to the store & was told that its my fault that the kettle doesn't stop boiling because I may have switched it on with no water inside. Why would anyone switch the kettle on with no water inside? I told the lady that I would never do that but she was so sure that I did...& she said I can report the matter to whoever I want to report to because they are not taking it back. If I knew that I did what she said I did then why would I take the kettle back to them?...the lady took me for a fool.
I have been doing all my groceries at Shoprite for quite some years & this is the first time I ever returned anything back to the store...I am so disappointed that Shoprite thinks the fault is on the customer & they don't see it on themselves. I don't know whether issues like this are followed up but will take it to HelloPeter if its neglected here.
More Shoprite Complaints & Reviews
- Shoprite - being made fun of 
- Shoprite - ripped off 
- Shoprite - customer service 
- Shoprite Supermarkets / Wakefern Corporation - online gift card purchase - not worth the trouble! 
- Shoprite - poor customer service 
- Shoprite Holdings - cash back request
- Shoprite Checkers Ennerdale - unhealthy shop
- Shoprite - money market reset pin 
- Shoprite Checkers - customer service - st john's liquor store
- Shoprite - wrongful termination