Shopping Essentials.com / Shopping Essentials Charges Fees

1 Rocky Point, NY, United States Review updated:

Iam getting charged $14.95 on my credit card everytime I use Resturant.com from Shopping Essentials.com without my consent. I have cancelled twice with them on the phone and it popped up on my bill evertime I use the web site. Now I have to cancell my credit card and it has ruined my miles status on my credit card. Buyer beware about the so called 30 day free trial period. They are hoping you will forget about it and slip it in your bill.

Comments

• Ra
      13th of Feb, 2009
    Shopping Essentials.com - automatic credit card charge
    Kentucky

For the past 2 months, I've been charged 19.95 for a service I didn't sign up for. Apparently, when you register for certain sites, you have these additional sites that you agree to pay in "fine" print. I could not find where it states this. I did call them and cancel my subscription and I will contact Reunion.com to find out where this is stated. Another lesson that you should always read the agreement before accepting any subscriptions to websites. Lesson learned. Do these complaints go to any federal or local government entities?

• Sn
      19th of Mar, 2009

My open letter to Reunion.com and Mylife.com:

I have been a Reunion.com member for years. I just signed up for MyLife.com. Within an hour some company called SavingsAce.com sent me an email about automatically drafting money from my bank account. Information that they said they got passed from you. I am sure there is cleverly placed somewhere a check box where this was authorized. But I would have never knowingly wanted you to send my bank information to a third party. It appears that thanks to whatever has happened I am going to have to spend hours going over my bank statement for months and spend no telling how many hours on the phone correcting all this.
    I have been on the phone this morning with not only your employee but also trying to find a way to get out of this SavingsAce.com thing. My worst fear is how many affiliates of yours now have my info. I've been looking on the internet and complaint within the last week have been starting to pile up regarding this tactic for reunion.com and mylife.com. I am sure you are aware too regarding the complaints regarding your firm and the company Shopping Essentials.
    Please evaluate whether this is a tactic you want associated with your company. I loved your product for years, but I feel as if my back is against the wall and I may have to cancel my premium memberships simply to protect the access to my bank account.