Shopping Essentials Plus / charging by credit card

United States, Virginia Review updated:
shopping essentials plus
I just checked by credit statement and just got off the phone with these people. They tried to tell me that I signed up for their product and the charged my 19.95 she said they would credit my account and cancel my membership which I never knew I had!

A  20th of Mar, 2009 by
Apparently there was some check box or something that I overlooked when I signed up for MyLife.com (formerly Reunion.com) that allows their "affliliates" to have access to your credit / debit information.

I got an email from Savingsace.com that said the were going to start debiting my bank account. After spending time on the phone with MyLife (who had an "Oh well you must have authorized it attitude) and doing research I have located a toll-free 888-593-5216 at Savingsace.com to cancel your membership.
At first they ask for your membership number, telephone number, and creditcard number followed by the # sign. (YEAH RIGHT...I sure wasn't about to give them my phone number and credit card number again)
I only entered the membership number and then the # sign. It took me to a menu to cancel. It said to hit a number to cancel and seemed to accept it.
I also have been emailing the reunion.com / mylife.com people to complain about their association with this company. I can't believe that ultimately the revenue they might be getting for referrals is worth this bad press.

Some companies so far I have identified using this tactic:
Savingsace.com (may show up on your bill as AP9 Savings Ace)
shopping-essentials.com (may show up on your bill as AP9 ShoppingEssentials, IK9 Shopping Essentials)