Shopping Essentials+ / Unauthorized Charge

1 21 Peach Orchard AveDayton, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 937-298-0836

I do not know what sneaky way they got my credit card number but I did not sign up for anything called Shopping Essentials+ and some how they have charged me $11.95. I am not the only person to have this happen, it seems many people have gotten these charges. Many have been able to get their money back, I have not yet been able to contact them to demand my refund and subscription cancellation.

Ar

Comments

Re
  18th of Aug, 2008

I bought two gift certificates from Restaurant. com.
Two months later I received charrges from some company named Shopping Essentials+

I did not sign up, click on anything related to this company.
From what I read, many people have experienced similar situation. They only agreed to give me back my money for the current month.

I will dispute the charges with my Citi card.

This scam has got to stop. Please spread the words.

rexboutiqu@aol.com

Sh
  26th of Aug, 2008
Shopping Essentials+ - Unauthorized withdrawals from account
Shopping Essentials+
www.shoppingessentialsplus.com

I have had automatic withdrawals of $9.99 from my personal bank account, 2 of which resulted in overdrafts and of course, overdraft charges. My bank provided me with a customer service number who provided me with a fax number to send my account overdraft info and complaint to. I did this and got a response saying that I had signed up for this (so called) service and according to the terms and conditions of my enrollment I cannot be reimbursed for the charges or overdrafts but that they have, however, canceled my account and refunded my membership fee.

I have never heard of Shopping Essentials+. I don't know where they got my information. I have never received any benefits, and have certainly never provided my account number to anyone to purchase a membership of any sort and never authorized automatic withdrawals. So I don't know what to now except keep hassling them to reimburse me for these charges.

De
  20th of Oct, 2008

This also happened to me. I am not shopping on restaurant.com anymore. I think they are selling your credit card info to Shopping Essentials+. Maybe, Shopping Essentials+ is a branch of restaurant.com or via versa. I am taking this to the attorney general if I don't get all my money back.

Ki
  2nd of Apr, 2009

I received an email last night saying I need to cancel now or be charged $14.95 at the start of the next business cycle which is 4/15/09. They told me I could cancel by "clicking here" except there was no link.

I never signed up for anything called Shopping Essentials+. I googled it and found my way to their website where it asks for a membership ID to log in to your account which is another way to cancel. I don't know my membership ID because I didn't sign up. But when I said I forgot it and put my email address in, sure enough they had one. Now I'm waiting for the ID to get emailed to me so I can log-in to cancel because I'm sure the number they gave me will give me the run around.

The email warnings came from VistaPrints.com which I ordered business cards from. My guess is somehow during the checking out process it signed me up for this and their rewards program which is also $14.95 that I didn't ask to be signed up for. I was able to cancel through VistaPrint's website, still waiting for the confirmation email however.