Shoppers Sweepstakes/fidelity Financial / Shoppers Sweepstakes Winner

Fidelity Financial Links Inc.
1808 N. Cross Road
Evansville WI
Phone: 1 608 7511567
Received comfirmation that we won 125, 000, with a real check for 4, 875.00 instructing us to call the agent - we did. He said to deposit it at our bank on Monday and then call him with instructions to send 2, 875.00 for government taxes. I asked him why we would sent money to Western Union and he told me because Cananda does not pay taxes, only 33percent royalities. We would then receive the remaining 1000.00 by Fed Ex. They really can try make a lottery sweepstakes convincing. I even asked questions such as If I bring this to my lawyer will it be legal? He told me "yes."

N  20th of Jul, 2009 by
I just got one today. What were the results from your deposit? Thanks for any reply. Radar
N  21st of Jul, 2009 by
just received $4, 875.00 check from Fidelity Financial Links Inc. must send them
tax money (or they claim) of $2, 875.00 before the balance of $120, 000.00 can be
sent from winning the prize. Called the bank they said it was a scam
they said the account was legitimate but it would not clear that they stole
the account number they are trying to get the $2, 875.00
A  9th of Aug, 2009 by
My father just received one yesterday with the same instructions. As soon as he told me I knew that it was a scam because I had received a similar letter and check from canada a few years earlier. Did anyone report this to authorities?
A  11th of Aug, 2009 by
Thank you for your complaints - I received one today. It really was convincing and in this economy free money sounds great...but...
N  12th of Aug, 2009 by
did anyone actually deposit the check to see if it would clear? or contact citibank - issued by fidelity(in regards to the check number) if and im assuming it is a scam it would be nice to bust their ###.
A  13th of Aug, 2009 by
I deposited the check for $4875 and it DID NOT clear JP Morgan Chase Bank. The only thing i got out the deal was returned check fees! DONT DEPOSIT IT!!! IT'S A SCAM!!!
N  14th of Aug, 2009 by
My husband received his on the 5th of august with the same instructions. He contacted a lawyer and faxed him the letter, hoping to hear an answer from him today. I told my husband that it sounds like a scam.
N  17th of Aug, 2009 by
I just received the letter today. I called and asked all the questions you one would ask using the check lists provided by the internet. They answered all them as if it was a legit winning. Thanks for all the information provided by all. I will tell everyone I know about the letter. It is very sad we have to deal with worrying about people stealing idenities and people trying to scam money from others who have put a lot of sweat and hard work into earning it.
A  10th of Sep, 2009 by
I just recieved the same letter and made the phone call. All information seems accurate but you know what they say, if it seems to good to be true than it is to good to be true. I will be sending all information to the Attorney General as well as our local news prints to try and warn all others of this obvious scam.
A  16th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also received a letter on 9-15-09 with a check and when I called I was informed that I had won $125, 000. I did everything that I was told and deposited the check. However, I wanted to check if the company was legitimate and checked in the internet and found out about all these complaints.

I called back the person who is supposed to be the agent and asked for the phone number of the person who is supposed to be the Authorized Tax Agent in Canada. However, he refused to give me the information. I told him that this sounds like a scam and he told me that if I thought that it was a scam then to forget all about it.

Has someone been successful in contacting the Attorney General and reporting this scam?
N  16th of Sep, 2009 by
Just got one of those letters yesterday, I called the Better Business Bureau and they told me it's a S C A M!!!
A  16th of Sep, 2009 by
N  18th of Sep, 2009 by
My bank called me today and told me the check was being returned. I had found this site right after I deposited the check and called the agent to tell him I would NOT be sending any money until the check cleared and he still assured me it was a good check. The bank informed me the check was being returned due to being ALTERED.
N  30th of Sep, 2009 by
My client also just received a similar letter from Fidelity Financial Links Inc. I reviewed the letter and was skeptical of the authenticity of the "lottery." Red flags were raised when I read the sentence that stated "government taxes cannot be deducted from the winning amount because of the insurance bond policy coverage." As an attorney, this made no sense to me. I googled Fidelity Financial Links Inc. and fortunately was able to access this website. Obviously the rouse is to have the "winner" pay the tax agent $2, 875.00 while the check for $4, 875.00 will bounce and the "winner" will be out the $2, 875.00. I will be reporting this to the Ohio Attorney General Consumer Fraud Division.
N  5th of Oct, 2009 by
I just got the letter and the check today in Nebraska and called the number skeptical. Got the same information. I called my bank and they told me to google the bank. I did and it was a real bank, but they said they would have to look at it to see if it was a fraud. I am glad I googled it, cause what you guys are saying is exactly what this letter is and what the check is, except that this time they are using Renasant Bank in MS, instead of the other banks that were listed. I will shred the check right now after I photocopy it to call this bank in the morning to report this fraud. Thank you to all of you who have already done the leg work to let me know this is a scam.
N  7th of Nov, 2009 by
We got a letter and felt it was a scam. I think I may report it but not sure how. Also may want to contact the media as I am SURE many more people are ending up with not just returned check fees after depositing the bogus check, but also sending the CRIMINALS their hard earned money. Even if only one person looses their money, that is WAY to many in my opinion.
A  26th of Mar, 2010 by
i got a check on the 11th of March, 2010.. I was skeptical because i hadnt entered a lottery nor sweepstakes... i googled FAB&T First Arkansas Bank & Trust... i ask if the were in association with shoppers sweepstakes lottery... i have yet to hear back from them but they are a real bank.. the first thing that came to me and my friends mind is that this was a scam.. my letter also said that "Government taxes cannot be deducted from the winning amount because of the insurance bond policy coverage."

Please investigate these checks if you get one and be very aware...