Shoppers Enterprise / Scam and cheating

I received a cashier's check in the mail for $4, 998.00 from Shopper Enterprise Inc. I was excited at first, until I realized some facts...How did they get my name? Why was I chosen? Then the instructions to phone before you attempt to cash the check or it will be put a stop payment on it... Then the instructions how to spend the money with specific amounts for the followings such as: Wal-Mart - $50, JC Penny $40, Travelex Currency Exchange $1643.00, Forex Service Rate $40, Money gram Transfer $2897 and service charge for money gram $58 plus your salary and training pay $270.

So out of curiosity I called the number, first time I got hung up on and then I called back, he said strictly to do the following...make four copies of the Customer Service Evaluation Tool sheet and then cash the check. When you have the cash, call back for more instructions. When I asked questions about the check and if it was a good check, he said, 'didn't you hear what I said?' 'are you serious about working?' why are you asking me again when I just told you what to do?' I said that I just want clarity of what I'm suppose to do. He immediately got upset with me and said 'I'm going to put a stop payment to the check and you can tear up those papers' and hung up the phone. I thought to myself, well, if it was really legit, would he have gotten so upset about me asking questions? He probably knew that I would be a problem because if I asked so many questions that I probably would be cautious of depositing the check.

I'm believing that this is a scam and to be aware. Does anyone know if there any place that this letter and check can be sent for validation? Do I forward to the officials?

Ca

More Shoppers Enterprise Complaints & Reviews

Comments

18th of Feb, 2009

I too recieved the same exact letter, check and instructions ...my first thought was (ok what kind of scam is this?? ) I never contacted this company to work for them .. I went online and went to the bbb to check them out and didn't find anything. Then I googled them and there were severl sites with the same stories BIG RED FLAG!!! SCAM!!! First of all I was suspisious because there was no return address and the address didn't match the post mark. Tell everyone you know to watch for this .
    Sandra, Upstate NY

• Tr
      25th of Feb, 2009

I received the same check for different stores. I did call and was treated cordially. I planned to deposit it in an account in which I kept no money and was specifically set up for that. The bank however would not honor it. When I had a chance I looked the bank up on line and they seem to be legit but they have a warning on their website to watch out for the exact Cashiers Check which I received. I plan to fax it to them so maybe someone can track these people down. Grand Rapids, MI

• N1
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I too recieved the letter today check, instructions the whole thing.. I knew immeditly it was a scam the spelled my whole name wrong and it was mailed from canada? This should be stopped someone is going to get hurt emotionally(financially needs) and in trouble over scammers.

10th of Mar, 2009

My wife and i just got a check for the same amount so yeah i know what you are saying on all this. Someone needs to take a look into all this and they need to stop to it all. More people will have problems if people do not speak up. If anything we need more people to comment with us and let the people of this company that we are not going to fall for this bull anymore. I mean its bad enough that prices on everthing is going up more and more each day. Let me know what the rest of the people think about all this.

• St
      12th of Mar, 2009

I agree!!! I actually became prey to this i have done mystery shopping before never had a problem did everything i was supposed to now im in the hole 5000.00. And the banks I deal with recorded the check as a certified check before they cashed it.

• Su
      2nd of Feb, 2011
    Shoppers Enterprise - cashier check
    Washington
    Phone: 7133703449

i received a phone call for my grown child saying that they have an unclaimed cashiers check for him. i asked for return call info and was then hung up on. he said his name was Max Spencer calling from Texas.

• Ju
      22nd of Mar, 2013

I just recieved a call from a Scott Davis, telling me i had won 12.8 million dollars and a car. I was told to call the State of Tn and talk to a Mr George Martinez. He gave some run around information about they had verify that I was ilget... what a joke !!! Judi / Tn