Shoppers Drug Mart / life brand warm mist humidifier.

1 Cambridge, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Good morning.

Last night we had our life brand warm air humidifier running and it ran out of water being everyone was sleeping. I woke up to the smell of electrical burning. I ran into the living room and seen flames and smoke coming out of the top of our machine. I quickly unplugged it and ran it over to the sink in the kitchen and ran water on it to put out the flames. If this unit was put into our daughter's room it could of turn out much worse. Not sure if this product should be recalled and pulled off the shelf. There should be a safety thing were it shuts down after using the water which is what everyone i ve told this story to is under the same impression.

Ty
Dec 31, 2017

Comments

• Ks
      1st of Jan, 2018

Entirely your fault for not checking the water levels. Are you also going to throw a fit when you start an empty kettle and it catches on fire? You're responsible for the safety of those in your house. If you can't be bothered to check the level of the water in the humidifier, then that's on you. If you want a fancy humidifier WITH that kind of a shut off feature, try springing for one that's more then 30 bucks. For that price you should KNOW you're not getting the highest end product. Nobody to blame but yourself.

• Ty
      1st of Jan, 2018

@kstephy Completely rude. I will never buy another thing with your life brand logo on it. Social media is a powerful thing and im now going to share your reponse to this. Hopefully your boss sees this response in regards to this matter. If you think this is an appropriate answer to my concerns about your product you are wrong. Lets see what the world of social media thinks. P.s if you for one second think we are the only ones that run these through the night again you are wrong.

• Ty
      1st of Jan, 2018

@kstephy One more thing this incident made me so angry that I hit my daughter real hard and told her that she ruined The New Year, I told her that she had to sleep outside and someone saw me and reported me to CPS for child abandonment. Now my daughter is in a foster home.