Shoppers Discounts / E-Bay rip off

Everyone don't feel bad. They got me too. However, I hold a very high government contracting position. I will do my best to fry these rip-offs. E-Bay must do more to protect their clients. This is where I got nailed. My bank states: The only way to stop them is to close account charge card and activate another.

Comments

• Li
      14th of Aug, 2008

I did not authorize the monthly fee I am being charged.

28th of Aug, 2008
    Shoppers Discounts - unknowingly charging credit cards
    Shoppers Discounts
    www.shopperdiscountsandrewards.com

Immediately after my wife paid the IRS and FTB for our estimated taxes 12 dollars were charged by Shoppers Discounts. It seemed that they manage to get hold of her credit card number while she used it for her quarterly tax payments. I have demanded a refund and they promised to do it but reasoned that we subscribed to their services which is BS.

18th of Oct, 2008

I bought a flash disk from buy.com three weeks ago and I guess buy.com send my account information and email address to shopper discounts and rewards.com and hey charged me 12 dollars for membership without my permission!!

Then I made telephone call and asked them to stop it. I do not know whether it is effective

• Va
      18th of Nov, 2008
    Shoppers Discounts - Unauthorized charges
    Shoppers Discounts
    shopperdiscountsandrewards.com

I found a charge on my bank card for $12 and immediately had no idea what it was for but it showed as Shoppers Discounts, I then performed and Internet search on the Company and found many other complaints with the same $12 charge on credit cards.

I also saw this website (complaintsboard) has come up with the search on Shoppers Discounts and decided to file a report of my own. At this point I reviewed my previous bank statement and realized this goes all the way back to 9/03/2008! Also when it was deducted from my account, it was overdrawn and I was charged by my bank for an overdraft fee.

• La
      18th of Nov, 2008

File complaints with the Federal Trade Commission

• Ed
      19th of Nov, 2008

I never signed up for this or ever used it, About 6 mos. ago I noticed it on my credit card statement and it's still there this month, This is pure BS when you are on a fixed income, Someone should sue them

• Ra
      21st of Jan, 2009
    Shoppers Discounts - unauthorised charges
    Shoppers discounts
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

I've had direct debit payments made from a credit card company Marks and Spencer, I had closed down in November. The credit card company continued to pay Shoppers Discounts on my behalf without my knowing. This payment was unauthorised and prevented me closing down an account and continued debt and interest on the credit card. This affected my credit rating as it was a returned direct debit from my Current bank account.

• Mr
      26th of Jan, 2009
    Shoppers Discounts - unknowingly charging credit cards
    shoppers discounts
    Taunton
    England, Somerset
    United Kingdom

i have been having £8 per month taken out of my account that i don't even remember giving permission to, i have got hold of my back and they say that they can't do anyhting because it's a card payment, if anyone else has had this happen to them i would like to hear form you.

• Ha
      28th of Jan, 2009

As today 1-27-2009, the company still running and the CEO still enjoy those dirty money which steal from my bank.

4th of Feb, 2009

Dear Mrs. Davey:

Webloyalty.com protects its reputation and monitors the blogosphere to ensure information posted on our company is truthful and accurate and to identify opportunities to assist our members. Through this monitoring, we found your comments posted here about our membership program, Shopper Discounts & Rewards.

We would like to speak with you directly to address your concerns but do not have your contact information. If you are unhappy with your subscription or have any questions regarding your membership to Shopper Discounts & Rewards, please contact Webloyalty.com Customer Service at 1-889-8776 or send an email message to consumeraffairs@webloyalty.com. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,
    Mary O'Reilly
    Webloyalty Consumer Affairs
    Shopper Discounts & Rewards

• Kr
      9th of Feb, 2009

The same thing appears to have happened to me!! The money has been taken from my account for several months and I never signed up to anything!!!

Have you managed to claim any of it back.

Any advise would be great,

Thanks.

K :)

• Su
      16th of Feb, 2009

Hello,

From my online statements I come to know that $12 is being
    deducted from my account on a monthly basis by some
    SHOPPER DISCOUNTS 800-88.
    I want to inform you that I do not know why this transfer
    is happening as I have not authorized any such person /
    company for these deductions from my account. So I request
    you to stop any more deductions .
    And return the amounts deducted so far.

Thanks,
    Sushil K. Upadhyay
    email: sushil_2@rediffmail.com
    sushil919@yahoo.co.in

• Sm
      28th of Apr, 2009

To un-subscribe from shoppers discount follow this link:

Cheers

Smiler

• Ya
      8th of May, 2009
    Shoppers Discounts - Unauthorized Credit Card Charge
    Shoppers Discounts and Rewards

I bought a book from Deepdiscount.com. After I finished they redirected be to the Shoppers Discount site. I signed up for it thinking it was a coupon program and not seeing anything about paying any fees. I did not give this company my number and information. So a month later when I noticed the $12 charge on my card I went the the shoppers discount website to cancel the membership and get my money back. I have submitted a cancellation, so it is canceled, and a refund request and I am just waiting for the refund. I am however not happy that they did such a thing.

I am very upset that Deepdiscount.com which has never done this before and I have never had problems with would do this. I will be writing to Deepdiscount.com about this in the hopes that they choose not to associate with this company any longer.

Hopefully my refund comes soon.

• Ya
      15th of May, 2009

This is an update.

The $12 was refunded on the 11th of May. I am just glad that I caught the problem within the first month so that I could get it refunded. I hope others read this and know what they are getting into before hand rather than it taking them by surprise.

Deepdiscount.com told me they sent my email regarding this problem to the appropriate location to be handled. Otherwise I have not heard from them. I hope they do something to protect there customers, for instance not handing out their credit card information.

• Re
      11th of Jun, 2009
    Shoppers Discount
    Connecticut

This company has been charging my credit card $12. for 4 months in a row. I called and they said they would refund my money and cancel my membership (WHICH I NEVER AUTHORIZED!). IT'S A SCAM.

26th of Jun, 2009

me too!
    let me know if that worked

• Na
      10th of Jul, 2009
    London
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

I recently bought a bottle of Blue Berry Punch online and now I have been charged £8.00 pounds by shoppers discounts. I completely disagree with this and think its a big scam that should be stopped

Nabil

Vision 74 Inc., Suite #179
    Ontario
    Canada
    Phone: 519-336-7702

I did not purchase anything through this company. It just shown up at my bank.

Email: prestonron@msn.com or call: 519-466-1938

21st of Jul, 2009

I have just checked my bank account and found that £10 has been taken.
    It show up as shoppers discounts and i have not ever heard of this company let alone agreed to them taking money out of my account.

If you have any advise on what to do next please let me know.

thankyou