Shopper's Discounts / Unauthorized billing
Beginning in August 08, my bank account was debited $12.00 per month. I noticed the initial charge, reported it to my bank and received a provisional credit from my bank.
Sept 08, again the $12.00 charge, again reported as unauthorized. This time, new debit cards were issued for the account.
For whatever reason, I did not pay close attention to my statements f0r next few months. In Jan 09, I again noticed the charge and went back and realized that despite contacting my bank, canceling my debit cards and getting new access numbers, Shopper's Discounts continued to withdraw $12.00 per month from my bank account.
My bank has been supportive though in the end the solution was to cancel the account and reopen with new account numbers. Furthermore, because I did not realize the charges were present until after the fact, some of the charges were beyond the date at which they could be covered by insurance, so I just took the loss.
I have no idea where the charges initiated or how, or even who Shopper's Discounts are. Just very frustrated with the system...