Shopper's Discounts / Unauthorized billing

Shopper's Discounts
Beginning in August 08, my bank account was debited $12.00 per month. I noticed the initial charge, reported it to my bank and received a provisional credit from my bank.

Sept 08, again the $12.00 charge, again reported as unauthorized. This time, new debit cards were issued for the account.

For whatever reason, I did not pay close attention to my statements f0r next few months. In Jan 09, I again noticed the charge and went back and realized that despite contacting my bank, canceling my debit cards and getting new access numbers, Shopper's Discounts continued to withdraw $12.00 per month from my bank account.

My bank has been supportive though in the end the solution was to cancel the account and reopen with new account numbers. Furthermore, because I did not realize the charges were present until after the fact, some of the charges were beyond the date at which they could be covered by insurance, so I just took the loss.

I have no idea where the charges initiated or how, or even who Shopper's Discounts are. Just very frustrated with the system...

N  20th of Mar, 2009 by
Hi Polina

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to us that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. However, we don't know who you are. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-889-8776. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at consumeraffairs@shopperdiscountsandrewards.com. If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Consumer Affairs