Shoppers Discount / Taking money without my permission

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I am writing to complain about shoppers discount, I have no idea who they are and i have never knowingly signed up for any of there services. I called my credit card on several occassions and they stated that they had contacted the company several times but they are still taking ten pounds per months out of my account for no reason what so ever. They have taken ten pounds every months since January 2012 . I only have statements up to that date in front of me but it could be longer then that. I want them to stop immediately. My account shows the following details "SHOPPERDISC.CO.UK [protected] CH". I also would like all the money they have taken refunded. Please advise how to move forwards.

Yours sincerely

Martha Sakulku

Ma
Apr 4, 2013

Comments

• Tu
      15th of Aug, 2008
    Shoppers Discount - Monthly charge
    Shoppers Discount

They are charging $12.00 per month for a service that I did not ask for or want to use on my Visa debit card. Can not get hold of the company to stop the charges every month.

• Va
      26th of Sep, 2008
    Shoppers Discount - Scam charges
    cashbaq.com

Unauthorized charges to my bank account. All I did was click on their site to view their information and was automatically signed up. This HAS to be illegal! How the *uc* do these god**mn companies get away with this. I am furious. Heads are going to roll.

• Pa
      29th of Dec, 2008
    Shoppers Discount - Unauthorized Billing

I also have been scammed from the shopper's discount company. When I called them they said I have singed up with them through www.wirefly.com
    and they received my credit card/billing information from wirefly and Be careful when you shop at www.wirefly.com.

• Ro
      4th of Jan, 2009
    Shoppers Discount - I want to cancel the $12 monthly charge
    Shoppers Discount

I want to cancel this - they have billed my Discover Card for $12 and this will continue forever. I want to cancel this NOW. Thanks for your help

• Ka
      30th of Jan, 2009
    Shoppers Discount - Karen F. Polen
    1139 Ardmore Ave SW
    Canton
    Ohio
    Phone: 330-455-3161

I am writing to complain that Shoppersdiscount.com are taking $12.00 a month out of my Discover Card account without my permission. I do not know how they got my details. Please can this matter be looked into. I would also like my charges reimbursed.

11th of Feb, 2009
    Shoppers Discount - unauthorised money taken from my account
    England, Greater Manchester
    United Kingdom

There has been £10.00 taken from my acccount in the past few months which I did not authorise, how can i stop this?

• Gw
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I too had money taken illegally from my account, I contacted Shoppersdiscountand rewards and threatened them with Watchdog, I have actually written to Watchdog, anyway Shoppers discount emailed me back with a long story about how I had given permission for them to take this money, of course this is untrue, but they have, wonder of wonders, re-paid me all my money in full. My advice is for everyone to do the same threaten them and see what happens maybe like me you too will get a full refund.

Good luck everyone, failing that of course band together and get legal advice.

Gwen

• Rt
      4th of Mar, 2009
    Shoppers Discount - Membership Scam
    Colorado

Shoppers Discount get credit card information from various merchants where purchasing is done by Internet. We ordered from JC Whitney and ended up with a $12/month membership with Shoppers Discount without our knowledge. Now we have to file disputes, cancel credit cards and use our valuable time to get this corrected. BEWARE!

• Ho
      7th of Mar, 2009

WATCH OUT!!! I bought something from Buy.com and saw that "Do you want a $10 coupon"...I thought, what the heck I will see what it is all about. So I clicked yes, and entered an e-mail...not the same e-mail I use with buy.com...a fake one I made for BS like this...the next thing I know I get a random $12 charge on my credit card A MONTH LATER.

I complained to Buy.com, stating that this is an underhanded means of doing business.

This is what Buy.com had to say:

"When you completed one of your previous Buy.com orders, you were offered the chance to instantly receive an additional ?$10 off of your next order? by signing up with a third party, preferred partner promotion called Reservation Rewards. In order to sign up for this promotion, you were prompted and entered your email address in two different fields, and then clicked the ?Yes-Click here now? button. By doing this, as stated on the web page, you agreed to allow Buy.com to securely transfer your name, address, e-mail address, and credit or debit card information to Reservation Rewards."

Note that nowhere does it say that the promotion will cost you $12 per month...and all you have to do is enter your e-mail address and Buy.com will sell you out and do the rest!!!

BE CAREFUL...this was total trickery and I told Buy.com that they lost a customer for giving my information away!!!

• Fi
      28th of Mar, 2009
    Shoppers Discount - Shoppers Discount
    Minnesota
    webmarketingsettlement.com

Shopper Discount has been sued. You can file a claim and get your money back. Download the PDF file, file it out, and send it in certified mail. There are deadlines. The toll free number may answer some of your additional questions.

Settlement hotline# 888-571-1765

Hope this helps everyone.

Regards-
    Fighting Back for Minnesota

• Pr
      9th of Apr, 2009

I discoverd today that Shoppers Discount has been charging me $12.00 for 4 months without my authorization. I was told by their associate that I will receive a full refund, but I will believe it when I see it in my bank account. You can guarantee if they don't refund me I will become their worst nightmare! Please beware this company is a SCAM!!!

• Ga
      10th of May, 2009

I am facing the same issue. I don't know why and how this 12 USD is being deducted from my account every month.

• Ni
      20th of May, 2009
    Shoppers Discount - deduction from my credit card
    London
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

I have had £10..00 debited to my credit card by shoppersdiscount.co.uk and have no idea what this is for as i have not used or authorised any body to do so. Kindly refund this amount to my account and also tell me how you got my details?

• Yo
      27th of May, 2009
    Shoppers Discount - Unauthorised deductions from my bank account
    United Kingdom

I booked a flight to Ukraine in March and noticed that shooperdiscounts has been deducting £10.00 from my account without my permission.

My bank has asked for it to be cancelled on my behalf but they are still deducting the amount.

29th of May, 2009

Dear Yoyoken,

We have recently come across this forum and would like the opportunity to answer your questions or address your concerns about our membership programme, Shopper Discounts & Rewards.

We encourage you to contact our Customer Service team on 0808 234 1539 (this is a free phone number), Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. and Saturday 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m., or send us an email to consumeraffairs@shopperdiscountsandrewards.com. One of our dedicated customer service representatives will be happy to help you either by answering questions or cancelling your membership if you are unhappy.

Webloyalty wants to ensure that Shopper Discounts & Rewards members understand and derive full discount and insurance benefits from their memberships. Your feedback is both important and valuable to us.

With very best regards,
    Webloyalty Consumer Affairs
    Shopper Discounts & Rewards

• Ra
      18th of Jul, 2009

I found a charge on my bank card for $12 and immediately had no idea what it was for but it showed as Shoppers Discounts, I then performed and Internet search on the Company and found many other complaints with the same $12 charge on credit cards.

Please let me know how to get rid of these charges so that i can pass it on to others who are afftedted by this Surcharge.

• Av
      28th of Jul, 2009
    Shoppers Discount - Unwelcome surprise
    shoppersdiscount.com

I did not see anything in their site that threr would be a charge for the service. All I did at their site was to compare prices. Never did get a comparison, just a promise that they would guarantee best price. They have charged my Visa account $12.00. An unwelcome surprise.

• Co
      29th of Jul, 2009

I did not see anything in their site that there would be a charge for the service. All I did at their site was to compare prices. Never did get a comparison, just a promise that they would guarantee best price. They have charged my Visa account $12.00. An unwelcome surprise.

• Ht
      4th of Aug, 2009

I have been charged for something that I do not want and have not given permission for you to deduct this every month. I am not aware even what it is. Please refund my money!!
    Homer Tomey

• Be
      7th of Aug, 2009
    Shoppers Discount - Taking $12.00 per mth from my U.S. bank account
    personal
    Texas

I have just found out that this Shoppers Discount is deducting $12.00 per mth from my U.S. bank account and if anyone has found out how to stop them please let me know.