Shopper's Discount/Buy.com / Buy.com gives out your financial info

1 540 Woods Drive Centerton, AR 72719Centerton, AR, United States Review updated:

I bought a wireless router on buy.com and they gave Shopper's Discount my information and as a result my bank account was charged $12. When I called Shopper's Discount, they said that I had purchased a membership from them through buy.com - NOT TRUE. As far as buy.com goes - BUYER BEWARE!

Comments

Le
  25th of Sep, 2008

I didnot buy or order anything through shoppers discount, also didnot give my debit card number to anybody, but every month from my account pound 8 withdrawing. It is not acceptable. please stop it and return my money back.

St
  3rd of Oct, 2008

I too bought something from buy.com and was just charged a $12 fee for a Shopper Discount?? I do not even know what that is let alone sign up for it. What a scam! Not that it needs to be said, but I will never buy from Buy.com again.

An
  14th of Oct, 2008

I dont agree with shoppers/reservation discount because they automaticlly sign you up without telling you that they are going to charge you $12 from your account. This is what i did. I saw that it was pending on my account, so I called them direct and asked why they are taking money out of my bank account, they said that it is a reminder that they will be charging my bank account in so many days unless I cancel then they would pull back the request to my bank from my bank account. Now i'm going to call my bank to do the stop withdrawl so that I know they wont get my money. HOPE THIS HELPS!

Gl
  25th of Oct, 2008

i also receive a 12$ charge on my account, from shoppers discount, Who is that i will sue that person

6th of Nov, 2008

Happened here also. I made a purchace with Buy.com. My following credit card billing statement had a suspicious charge...so I googled it and guess what!!!
Shoppers Discount has stealthly charged my account without my knowing. There is a phone number next to the charge...I called and said sternfully that
I wanted this removed. After suggesting I would not be further charged I agaain repeated I wanted the full charge removed. They did and I recieved the following
email:

"We try to make our offer as clear as possible and we apologize for any concern you may have experienced.

Our records show that on 09-02-2008 you or someone in your household completed an online transaction with Buy.com. After your transaction you were offered and accepted a membership in Shopper Discounts and Rewards. Immediately next to the offer, the Offer Details were displayed, which included the agreement that we could bill the membership fee to the credit card you used for your transaction with Buy.com.

The person who signed up for Shopper Discounts and Rewards would have given permission to use that specific credit card. In order to sign up they would have typed in the email address ...com two times, like a signature and also clicked the button to accept the membership.

When a misunderstanding occurs, we are more than willing to cancel the membership and provide a refund. This membership has been cancelled and we have issued two refunds of $12 each for the membership fees you were charged. These credits should be posted to your credit/debit card account within 3-5 business days.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance" (Shopper Discount Phone number on my statement: (800)-889 8776

SHAME ON THEM...YOU AND I KNOW WHAT THIS AMOUNTS TO. WATCH YOUR STATEMENTS CAREFULLY FOLLOWING A WEBSITE PURCHASE.

6th of Nov, 2008

One more nugget for those who have been robbed. Here is a portion of Buy.com's Privacy Policy. This may explain how Shopper Discounts got your information.
Pretty clever eh?...

"You should carefully review privacy policies of any third party sites accessible from Buy.com
Other sites accessible through our web site have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. Please consult each site's privacy policy. Buy.com is not responsible for the policies or practices of third parties. Please be aware that this site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. The information practices of those web sites linked to Buy.com are not covered by this Privacy Policy. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. Additionally, other companies that place advertising on our site may collect information about you when you view or click on their advertising through the use of cookies. We cannot control this collection of information. You should contact these advertisers directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
On behalf of various sponsors, Buy.com provides sponsored links to third-party web sites. If you click on a sponsored link or banner ad, a "window" or "frame" containing a third-party's web site may appear in the foreground with the Buy.com web site in the background. Unless you are on Buy.com's web site, any time that you have moved to a window, you should assume that your personal information is being collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the windowed site's privacy policy (if any). If you are unsure as to whose privacy policy applies, please contact us by sending a letter to the address below. "

Contacting Buy.com about privacy questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Policy, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact Buy.com by sending a letter to:
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
BUY.COM, Inc.
85 Enterprise
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656

Kh
  5th of Jan, 2009

I also received this charge after buying a router from buy.com. I will never ever do business with this company again.

Ma
  22nd of Jan, 2009

Dear Forum Members:

Webloyalty.com protects its reputation and monitorsthe blogosphere to ensure information posted on our company is truthful and accurate and to identify opportunities to assist our members. Through this monitoring, we found your comments posted here about our membership program, Shopper Discounts & Rewards.

We would like to speak with you directly to address your concerns but do not have your contact information. If you are unhappy with your subscription or have any questions regarding your membership to Shopper Discounts & Rewards, please contact Webloyalty.com Customer Service at 1-800-889-8776 or send an email message to consumeraffairs@webloyalty.com. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,
Mary O'Reilly
Webloyalty Consumer Affairs
Shopper Discounts & Rewards

6th of Feb, 2009

To:
Mary O'Reilly,

Because reputation and truthfulness are important to your company, could you please
inform your customers (new and old) :

a. Your method of signing up new clients.
b. Are your customers notified of their signing up (email thanking these people
for joining...perhaps a little information about the program)
c. These people seem to not be aware they joined your program. Are they any methods of contacting your customers before they are billed?

An
  12th of Mar, 2009

To: Mary O'Reily

Clearly you do not value your reputation, because you have failed to notify your clients that they are even clients. Your company's behavior is unacceptable.

Eb
  27th of Feb, 2010

i also suffered by this buy.com and shoppers discount nexus of cheating the customers. it seems buy.com is the pimp and the other one is *****. be careful when u entered anything on buy.com