Shopperdisc.co.uk / Unauthorised deductions from bank.

England, Shropshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

I have recently noticed that I have made a regular payment to Shopperdisc.co.uk.on the 30th. of the month for £10. This payment is made via debit card. I have no knowledge of this company or what the payment is for. I am also not sure how far back this payment goes.
Julie McCabe

Comments

• Br
      Sep 05, 2012

I do not know who you are and I want my money back. How this came about but I, m a pentioner your not very good if you do thing, s underhanded like that.

• Ha
      Jan 03, 2013

I have just had the same experience, and they have been taking £10 out of my account, I phoned them and she said I must have filled in a form when buying something online, and signed up to it, what a cheek, I do not recall ever signing up to this company as I've never heard of them at all. No mention of paying my money back just cancelling the membership which I never took out, this company are bloody thieves and getting away with it.

• Gh
      Mar 04, 2015

I have just found out 2 days ago that shopper disc was taking out money of £10 from my bank account since last year January 2014 until now February 2015. I didn't had any idea how they get my bank details because I haven't signed any purchases from this website. So I called my bank and reported the name of the company and they cancelled the payment . But unfortunately they told me that there is no assurance to get back my money . What shall i do to get my money back ?

GINA

• Sh
      Mar 13, 2015

Hello Gina:

We will be happy to assist you but we first need to identify your membership record which we currently have not been able to do. Please get in touch with Shopper Discounts & Rewards directly using the following details: [protected]@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk, 0800 731 9935, or you can contact me directly at [protected]@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk.

Shopper Discounts and Rewards is a savings programme for people who shop online regularly. The membership benefits include 10% cashback at over 650 online retailers, 20% off popular gift cards and a monthly cashback reward. It’s free for the first 30 days so you can try it out, and after that there is a monthly fee. Members can cancel their membership at any time.

The only way to become a member is to enter your details in full on the Shopper Discounts & Rewards sign-up page. The details required are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, a new password (twice) and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places that following 30 days free membership, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full.

We hope you contact us directly so that we can resolve your query to your satisfaction.

Kind regards,