Shopper Discounts / unauthorized billing

1 PO Box 855Shelton, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-889-8776

I was enrolled without my authorization in Shoppers Discounts which has been deducting $10.00 from my credit card for the past six months. I called the phone # listed on my credit card transaction and cancelled my "membership" and was told I would be refunded for the six $10.00 payments in 3-5 business days. The customer service rep told me that I apparently clicked on a coupon for $10 off my next purchase (which I do not recall doing)after making an online purchase @ KBToys in December. He stated that when I clicked on the "coupon" (which I still don't remember doing), I was automatically enrolled in their service for a 30 day free trail. He says because the membership was not cancelled, I began getting billed for the service "as it clearly stated when I clicked on the $10.00 off my next purchase." I just contacted this company today 8/3/08.

Comments

• Ka
      11th of Aug, 2008

Yes I got unauthorized billing from Shopper Discounts the same way. We need to stop them.

12th of Aug, 2008

Same thing happened to me, except through buy.com -.-

• Ly
      14th of Sep, 2008

I also have been scammed from the shopper's discount company. I began noticing $12.00 being taken out of my account and I am sure it has been ongoing for months. BUYERS BEWARE!! Read all information during ANY transactions online! I am getting reimbursed for the amount I noticed however I am not sure how much in total they have stolen from me. I am going to report them to the BBB! Please do the same and hopefully we can put these nuts out of business!

• Ke
      8th of Nov, 2008

I JUST FOUND $12 CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD FOR THE LAST 3 BILLINGS CYCLES AND NOT SURE HOW LONG THEY HAVE BEEN BILLING. I DID PURCHASE A DIGITAL CAMERA AT THE SAME DATE BUT NEVER SIGNED UP FOR THIS. I WILL BE DEMANDING A CREDIT TO MY ACCOUNT WHEN I AM ABLE TO CALL THEM THE BEGINNING OF THE WEEK. THIS IS A SCAM AND THE FTC OR SOMEONE NEEDS TO PUT A STOP TO THIS BILLING AND THEY SHOULD BE HEAVILY FINED AND MADE TO PAY THE INTEREST TO THE CONSUMERS WHO WHERE CHARGED FOR THIS AMOUNT.