Shopper Discounts / scam

Farmington, NM, United States Review updated:

I just discovered that I somehow got scammed by Shopper's Discounts at the tune of $12/month after I purchased a photo book from Shutterfly as a Christmas gift for my mother-in-law. Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed that Shutterfly attached such scam offers to purchases. I always look carefully at online purchases, and this did not show up at the time. I was very happy with the photo book, but now I will think twice about ordering from Shutterfly again.

An

Comments

Dec 17, 2009

These guys have been taking $10/month from my Visa credit card account for no services for the past year. I just realized that by going carefully back through my bills, having finally noticed this small monthly charge. I have no record and no recollection of ever having signed up for their services.

Dec 18, 2009

Hi Mark:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-889-8776. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [protected]@shopperdiscountsandrewards.com. If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Thanks,
    Mary
    Consumer Affairs

• Ah
      Dec 30, 2009

Your concerns are so important to Shopper Discounts that they have been using the same, much complained about, despicable method for many years.

Jul 13, 2010

Hello AncBmt:

Thanks,
    Mary

Jun 10, 2011

I used Ticketmaster to Purchase tickets. Entered my details twice as I was asked if I would like a £15 discount voucher off my next purchase from Ticketmaster and have just realised that £10 per month has been going through on my CC for 7 months. Have called and been advised that they only have authority to refund £30. I now have to complete a claim form to request a refund. BEWARE - this is a scam and needs reporting to trading standards/OFT. Terribly bad practice.