shopdigital direct.com / scammers

United States Review updated:
Don’t buy from these guys. They are a bunch of scammers. I placed an order for Sony Camcorder. I called them to verify it and they said it is back ordered. I have to wait for about 2 weeks to get it in stock.
4 days later I called again ( and of course waited for about 30 min on hold) and another guy said it will be about 6-8 weeks!
I asked if some other Sony model is in stock, he said no but a nice JVC model is (HD5)
So, I hanged up and did a quick search of HD5 and I liked it, so I called the sales department (I was on hold for less than a minute) and told them that I am looking to buy the HD5. He initially said it should be in stock and asked me are having hard time finding it? I replied, naively, I ordered a Sony etc… for my surprise, he said: OH, let me check if it is in stock. About 30 sec later, he came back saying sorry it needs about 4-6 weeks to be is stock. It is back ordered. What the heck? He initially told me it is in stock and the other guy from customer service said the same!
I called customer service again (on hold for 25 min) and cancelled my order. The lady on the phone was very polite. I asked her if I am gonna receive a confirmation e-mail regarding the cancellation, she said yes. 2 days now, I did not receive any e-mail.
Of course, I canceled my credit card. I will keep a close eye on my credit history, too.
These guys are thieves. BE AWARE.
Sa

Comments

Ro
  15th of Jan, 2009
Under no circumstances should you patronize Shop Digital Direct. Otherwise, you run the risk of credit card fraud. I made two purchases from Shop Digital Direct using two different credits cards. I had used neither of these cards prior to my purchase from Shop Digital Direct or subsequently. Immediately after my purchases from Shop Digital Direct fraudulent credit card activity was posted against both cards.

My dissatisfaction with the service of Shop Digital Direct and their misrepresentation of products, convinced me never to shop with them again or recommend them. After having to clean up two credit cards in the wake of my purchases with them, I felt compelled to let others know of the potential credit risk involved via a forum such as this--next the Better Business Bureau of New York.