Shoparhive.com / Crooks

I have every reason to believe these people are crooks. I purchased and downloaded Windows 7 Professional from them. The first license key they sent was an invalid key. After emailing and complaining, and jumping through their hoops to do screenshots and run diagnostics to prove the key was invalid, they sent me an updated key. The Windows activation process reported the updated key as being blocked by Microsoft. Hmmmm. Now they are not responding to my requests to resolve the matter. Interestingly enough, the only way to contact these people is via email.

Here are a number of red flags:

No phone number.

Online support chat never works - only redirects to online email form.

The only payment option is PayPal.

Payments go to Vader, Inc.

Unable to find any company by the name of Vader, Inc.

Whois information on the domain registrar goes to DomainsByProxy.com, which is a way of keeping the registrar info hidden.

Buyer beware. This is a shady operation. I can only assume that I will never get the product I paid for, nor will I get my money back. My only option at this point is to report them toMicrosoft anti piracy division and possibly file an IC3 report/complaint.

Vi

Comments

15th of Mar, 2011

I bought Windows 7 software from them last May. Ten months later, Microsoft blocked the product key for some unknown reason. I contacted their tech support and they promptly sent me a new product key which works. I could not ask for any better customer service, especially since I bought the product from them so long ago and their price is very low.

• Bu
      15th of Mar, 2011

I got lots of keys from them, from 2008 till now and all i can say is only good words about them, i can even resell the software and win some money . All the keys are 100% genuine and retail versions !

• St
      31st of Mar, 2011

I bought windows 7 Ultimate from them May 2010. By August 2010, I was notified by Microsoft I had a "pirated" copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. After many emails...as you can reach them no other way...threats, I received a new key code. I am now getting the messages from Microsoft again that I do not have a legal copy of Windows 7. I have tried emailing, placing a complaint with shoparhive on their website but as yet no action has been taken. This is my business computer and cannot access some of my info. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY...they feed off of hard working people.

• Wi
      5th of Apr, 2011

I ordered the Windows 7 FamilyPack yesterday with some trepidation.

But I figured that if PayPal authorized them it would be OK.

25 hours later I hadn't received the key, started to get worried, and found a litany of complaints.

So I immediately started a dispute on PayPal

An hour later I had the key, installed 7 and activated it.

I closed the dispute. And hope I don't get problems later