Shop-Vac Corporation / Bad service

2323 Reach RoadWilliamsport, PA, United States Review updated:
3.35

After suffering about a year from a real lemon of a design ShopVac that kept losing casters, and every section of wand coming apart CONSTANTLY and also the hose pulling right out of the unit without any trouble at all, I emailed then phoned the company. They were nice enough to send a prepaid shipping label to return the unit for inspection. Their design engineer would only offer to replace casters citing that it was obvious the unit had been used alot. That was never an issue. Of course I used it! It was all I had! They never once commented on all the duct tape residue. It was the only thing that held the thing together. As it was, the casters on it were from the previous unit which worked like a champ with no problem whatsoever. Bad enough they won't stand by their product, but to have the young lady TWICE call me to over and over and OVER say "But m'am, it didn't fall apart for me.", "But it didn't happen when we used it." thus calling me a lair, was over the top. There was NO EXCUSE for that hundred dollar piece of plastic to not hold up under normal wear even during the first few months. Though I have already purchased another ShopVac, I do not recommend their products to anyone because of the poor customer service, the absolutely unprofessional attitude of their service rep and the downright rudeness of the girl. Sadly, this is the first time in my life when I was dissappointed in an American made product. But not nearly as disappointed as I was in the total lack of customer care. News flash for ShopVac: The customer is ALWAYS right. Remember?
Va

Comments

Po
  19th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
It's a changed world out there DUMMY!!
Po
  19th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
People like you make it a very difficult world, and are the nightmare customers we all worry about having in our stores. If you want quality, spend more money-common sense! No it's just easier to complain and expect more out of a cheap product, as the leant behavior is complain enough, and you'll usually get something free. Well you freak, it's a changed world out there, and because of stupid people like you that would rather purchase Chinese goods, you are bankrupting the economy, and now you want to suck more out of it. Shame on people like you, and the fact that you really believe in what crap your saying. Go and keep on buying Chinese junk, and keep complaining, as you'll never get it will you! Man you are a real dumb ###!!! See you later stupid.
Roger Cholette
Me
  25th of Oct, 2009
Buy over priced, cheaply made, high markup good that are highly adverised with glittery verbiage and this is what you get.
People are brainwashed and unthinking due to Television commercializing. We have become too lazy to think and provide for ourselves and this is the result..
The house of cards has fallen.
Merv Baer.
St. Croix, US Virgin islands.
Al
  4th of Nov, 2009
I have had nothing but superb experience from the Shop-Vac customer service team. I think Shop-Vac is happy that such bad customer would go to another manufacturer for their products. If you look at Amazon, Consumer Reports or Family Handyman magazines, the Shop-Vac products are always at or near the top of the reviews and in customer satisfaction. Sounds like you are a product ABUSER not a product user.