Shop Flip Flops / Liars and scammers

1 Brazil Review updated:

Beware of Kent and Jessica Mends at Shop Flip Flops! It has now been 5 months since I placed my wholesale order with them. Now, after I have lost my business, dropped my wewbsite, spent thousands of dollars that are all now lost, the best they can do for me is send me 388 pairs of Flip Flops that I have told them I have no way to sell - and Kent simply said that I should "sell them on Ebay and I could double my money"!!! Hello? Are you kidding me? Then when it comes time for a partial refund, as they refused to send me a full refund of $5250.00, they have the audacity to charge me almost $700.00 in shipping costs! Holy sheet! These people should be shut down. They are liars and heartless, cruel people. I now have what I call "the book" of over 400 emails all about what should have been a very simple transaction. I sent the $$$$, they send the flips. If they were unable to fill my order then they should have (as every other business would) refund my money. Instead, we have been fighting this out for 5 months. You should all know this and be very careful. I would not order from them unless it was COD!!! My hope it that nobody has to go thru what I have. It has been a horrible and exhausting 5 months. They literally make me sick.
Karla Kipling

Comments

• Sf
      10th of Mar, 2009

Shop Flip Flops has over 103, 000 happy customers and over 600 wholesale customers.

Until one customer decided to try to post online shop flip flops had ZERO negative coments on the web for over 6 years.

I guess you cant make everyone happy.

this customer has received her items and refund .

• Ac
      10th of Mar, 2009

I am also scammed by shopflipflops! Beware of that KENT especially as he is rude in the emails and he has been stalling for time for our delivery. We have wired the money last Feb and they have not shipped the goods until now. They keep coming up with excuses, excuses, excuses! BEWARE OF SHOPFLIPFLOPS!

• Ac
      10th of Mar, 2009

I totally agree with Karla! They have been scamming people and we need to do something about it. They have scammed innocent people's money. They are ruining people's lives!

All i want is my money back now. I cannot believe someone will make such a website and SCAM people's money!

• Re
      10th of Mar, 2009

The Shop Flip Flops folks should be put in prison.

Lets make it our life mission to warn everyone about just how bad these thieves really are.
    You should buy the website ShopFlipFlopsSucks.com is available, cost 9.99 from internic.
    Make a site explaining why they suck and tell your story.
    The cost to these ###s will be much larger especially if you offer alternate sites to go to etc.

Lets make these people rue the day they ever stole from you!

11th of Mar, 2009

Karla is correct. They operate a site offering 100's of styles but they do not have the capacity to deliver all styles. Basically they are inducing people to buy on goods which they do not have. This is deceptive and misleading advertising. One has to argue with them for months to get any sort of delivery and when they do deliver it is not exactly as order. Ususally wrong sizes colours etc. Do not attempt to send any goods back as they will charge a restocking fee of 25% of your total order, despite them being in the wrong. In terms of your refund it is nothing but promises promises, excuses. They area joke. They spend all their time threatening other website with legal action so all the negative comments get taken down. Scam.com just took down the latest series of threads; wholesaleforums took all theirs down; Ebay's negative comments disappeared etc etc. If you want nothing but grief from thee characters then by all means deal with them. Kent.M is not his real name.

Aussi Bloke

11th of Mar, 2009

The BBB has them at a rating of D - Caution if dealing with them. This says it all.

• Pi
      11th of Mar, 2009

Wow Kent! If you are doing a better job than Alan (who had to be let go because he was such an idiot) why did it take you from December 12, 2008 until March 11, 2009 to get my partial order to me? And by the way people, I do NOT have a refund yet and they charged me almost $700 in shipping! No breaks or favors from them - just take our money, lie to us over and over, and send partial orders 5 months late? Sorry, but the truth is the truth, and the truth is - SFF SUCKS!!!

• Sh
      12th of Mar, 2009

We stock EVERTHING on our site that is for sale. Karla and any other complaint was for a wholesale order . We let go alan (past employee) and have made the system a lot better now.

www.shopflipflops.com stocks EVERYTHING they offer and ships the SAME DAY.

Sites that post false and liable comments such as above are asked to remove the posting since they are false and liable.

We shipped over 140, 000 orders and have only 3-4 unhappy customers due to a delays whihc are or have been solved.

You may contact us anytime if there is any unsolved issue.

Shop Flip Flops

12th of Mar, 2009

If you stock everything then why can't you deliver on it? Every bad post I have seen refers to you eventually (after months of arguing) deliver a partial order about 30% of what people order. If you are doing business on a wholesale basis you need to be near 100% complete and not abuse the customers for complaining about inadequate delivery. The postings on other sites are not false. Recent court cases prove that the commenst posted on these sites are the responsibility of the person posting it not the owner of the site. If you didn't continuously do the wrong thing and piss people off with non or partial deliveries and no refunds then there wouldn't be any complaints. Contacting you is like talking to a brick wall. The prolem with your business is that you treat customers like crap.

Why is it if a customers wants to return goods which do not match the order you demand a 25% re-stocking fee? Your fault you wear it. This is just another angle you use to weasel people out of their money.

• Sh
      12th of Mar, 2009

Shop Flip Flops has NEVER charged or collected a 25% fee on any wholesale or retail order that was cancelled. NEVER.

It is an option for us to charge this fee but we have NEVER charged or collected it.

We do deliver. If you go to our website and order ANYTHING it will be shipped out the SAME DAY and a tracking number sent to you normally by 8pm (if your credit card is not flagged for fraud) We NEVER charge for a retail order before we ship it and you have the tracking number. NEVER.

Everything on the website that you could checkout is in stock and ready to ship, we have over 54000 pairs of flipflops in stock.

Wholesale orders "WERE" delayed and we apologized to those customers that were delayed and ALL of those effected have either been shipped their items, are refunded or are in the process of being refunded at this time.

Online sites that send out FALSE and liable information that is not submitted by actual verifiable posters then becomes the liabality of the website. and your comments about websites not be held liable is WRONG, one website has fought many cases online and won most of them however this is not true with world courts. There are many ways to hold websites accountable for their content.

Making a fake posting name and sending slanderous comments about companies online is easy for anyone to do and this is being done to us.

We have over 103, 000 customers... there are less then 5 TOTAL customers online and in all these forums complaining about us. Karla HAS received her order and IS getting the refund. LATE YES, and we are sorry for that and wish it would have ended much better then this has ended.

AGAIN, If anyone has ANY problem with our company please email us. We say this over and over again and yet NOBODY emails us. NOBODY!! WHY??

If people have probems why wouldnt they email the company that they have a problem with???

Unless the people making the posts are not customers of our company...

We want our CUSTOMERS FEEDBACK and LISTEN to them.

If anyone has anything to say or thinks there is something our company can do better please send that comment to us in an email aswell.

But please STOP THE LIES...

Managament

16th of Mar, 2009

Shopflipflops must be deaf, blind dumb and stupid. There have been over 50 emails between them and several customers according to the different websites & also from a person I know. I have seen the emails. This person is still waiting for a satisfactory outcome. All they ever get is wimpish excuses, delay after dealy, promise after promise, yet this clown keeps posting bs on here about never getting feedback. Have a look at the data on Scam.com where there is a whole litany spread out of the email traffic. They are not lies just truth. Remember SFF if you provide full deliery (matching order); or partial delivery plus refund or full refunds the the customers will be satisfied. It is only the ones who you have treated appallingly that still complain. Of course one can assume (especially those in Singapore) are too polite to publicly complain because you will withhold any refund. Maybe that's how you grade a "happy" customer!!! Also remember, a fool is the only one who believes his own lies and clearly you have placed yourself publicly in this category.

• Ti
      27th of Apr, 2009

Unless the people making the posts are not customers of our company...

We want our CUSTOMERS FEEDBACK and LISTEN to them.

But please STOP THE LIES...

Managament

• Ti
      27th of Apr, 2009

SHOPFLIPFLOPS SUCKS STOP DEFENDING YOURSELF KENT YOU SUCK!!! I ALSO HAD THE SAME BAD EXPERIENCE! 5months of agony received partial delivery no free shipping charged way too much on the freight fee.

BULLCRAP SUPPLIER THE WORST EVER DO YOUR JOB AND STOP DEFENDING YOURSELF ON THE NET!!!

I AM IN SHOCK!!! THERE ARE MORE AND MORE PEOPLE ARE POPPING OUT OF THE NET!

AND I AM VERY HAPPY THAT THEY ARE NOW FIGHTING FOR WHAT IS RIGHT! RETURN THE MONEY OF MY FRIEND ALSO YOU CRAPHOLE KENT!!!

YOU ARE LUCKY WE DON'T LIVE IN THE SAME COUNTRY IF ALL OF US CUSTOMERS ARE LIVING IN YOUR COUNTRY YOU WILL SURELY BE DEAD BY NOW!!! IMPRISIONED BEHIND BARS! LETHAL INJECTION AND ELECTRECUTED!!!

YOUR THE MADOFF OF HAVAIANAS SUPPLIER! SHAME ON YOU YOU SWINDLER!

25th of May, 2009

We're a young website (blogshop) that opened in June 2008
    Wanting to ride the Havaianas wave, we contacted SHOPFLIPFLOPS.COM for a quotation and held a preorder since aug 2008.
    We only managed to get sufficient orders in jan.
    Made payment in jan 2009
    received 104 slippers in feb 2009 (1 month from jan. RATHER FAR AWAY FROM THEIR 5-7 DAYS SHIPMENT DON'T YOU THINK?)

IMMEDIATELY replied with slippers we ordered vs slippers we received. (til date, have sent them that information 3 times)
    Right now it's 26/5/09 right now, i do not have a refund or any more slippers.
    My customers are tired of waiting and so am i.

I hope that [redacted] can collect enough complaints about this bogus company and start making things right.
    KENT, if you want to issue more spelling errors filled emails about legal nonsense, by all means sue me. Because i will bring this matter out into the media all around the world.
    I will contact all the international newspapers and tabloids to give our story.

all i have is silence to the 100 over emails i have sent bombarding kent every single day multiple times trying to get a refund for my customers.
    i'm not the only one who got SCAMMED by these crazy lousy irresponsible scammers. rockyjunkies.blogspot.com
    deexay.livejournal.com
    havaianasluv.blogspot.com

ALL GOT SCAMMED BY KENT.M@SHOPFLIPFLOPS.COM

SHOPFLIPFLOPS.COM IS A SCAM THAT WILL GIVE LOUSY LIES BY REPEATING THEMSELVES.
    FIRST THEY SAY THAT OUR SECOND SHIPMENT IS BEING PICKED THEN THEY SAY THAT THEY ARE REFUNDING US
    I'm so angry because i have been nothing but patient with them
    But this is TOO MUCH.
    SFF SCAMMED ME AND MY CUSTOMERS OF ABOUT 3K WORTH OF STUFF.
    you can see us trying desperately to get our slippers at HTTP://FURORREDRESS.BLOGSPOT.COM
    i dont care if i receive the LAWSUIT email with spelling errors in it anymore

I have NOT received my REFUND nor my second shipment of slippers.
    DESPITE PAYING IN JAN 2009 AND TIL NOW?
    ONLY 104 PAIRS OF SLIPPERS RECEIVED OUT OF A ORDER OF 250

THANKS ALOT KENT. YOU THREW MINE AND SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE'S REPUTATIONS OUT OF THE WINDOW IF I HAD THE MONEY I'LL SUE YOUR ### OFF.
    I HOPE THERE IS SOMEONE WHO CAN CONSOLIDATE EVERYTHING AND JUST SUE THEM!

• Gl
      1st of Jun, 2009

We totally disagree with these posts. We have used shopflipflops for more than 4 years. We only found out about this article because we recommended them to a friend for a $25000 purchase and they told us about this link.

I have always got constant emails and calls back from Alan (before) and now Kent at shopflipflops.

I do not understand why they would not refund $1000 or $2000 dollars?? It doesn’t make sense to me. We used escrow.com for our first transaction with them years ago as it was over $20, 000 Euros and since that first transaction it has always been bank wires.

I have put in another order this week and am making payment without any fear.

I will send this link to Kent and see what he has to say. I know that there are a few distributors that are mad at various resellers for transshipping but the biggest trans shippers are the largest Havaianas distributors.

I have seen competition put down other people online to tarnish their reputations. I don’t know if these posts are real or false but I know that I have never had any problems.

I recommend shop flip flops.

Global Trade Inc.

• Ta
      2nd of Jun, 2009

Shop Flip Flops were a good supplier of havaianas for us too! We have only bought three times but each time the order was over 750 pairs. We used our own shipping and the items were dropped off at the sao paulo airport for us the net day after payment. (Bank transfer )

We are putting together another order this week. A+ in our books.

Tally

3rd of Jun, 2009

Dear tally and global trade inc: please provide an email or a website to show that your good review is warranted.

Mine is furorredress.spree@gmail.com and http://furorredress.blogspot.com
    I will be extremely happy to check out your story with you.

If you cannot provide any email or website, then i can only assume that you are a false entity created by shopflipflops.com

thanks!

• Tt
      5th of Jun, 2009

I have not bought wholesale from shop flip flops but I have bought retail. More then 5 pairs now. I received my tracking number the same day I orders and got the thongs 2 days later around 3pm. I have a few friends that have ordered and got the same service.

7th of Jun, 2009

Dear tttom,

As stated above, we are a group of people who have individually ordered wholesale from shopflipflops.com.

I can personally testify to shopflipflops.com inefficiency in terms of handling both of slippers and my refund.
    I have not received any reply from jm@shopflipflops.com at all despite kent asking me to email him.

So til now i don't have any refund AT ALL.
    and my refund amount is USD 1773.02

Why the sudden good testimonials?
    Kent told me it's because shopflipflops.com is asking the customers to give them good feedback.
    And so, why do i continue to give such negative feedback if i am a customer who has received good service?
    From HTTP://FURORREDRESS.BLOGSPOT.COM it can be seen that i have not received ANY good service at all.

Rather, all i receive is delays.
    And i believe that this is being replicated throughout the world.
    I look forward to seeing shopflipflops.com in Asia.
    At least then i would not need to travel too far to pursue my refund.

• De
      9th of Jun, 2009

Surprized to see this thread talking about shop flip flops wholesale program negatively.

Having bought from both alan and now kent we have Never had any issues with our orders. I read somewhere that the problems were with small orders under $2000 USD.
    We do not have any orders that were under 6500 PAIRS (20 foot containers) and used sea shipping from sao paulo (santos) so honestly if you have had a issue for $2000 or less its best to just contact the company and ask for kent.

We recommend Shop Flip Flops and have been doing business with them for 4 years.

Oslo S.A