Shop Digital Direct.com / bait and switch, poor customer service rude!

Phone: 888-313-7468
Place an order, received confermation of order few day lator receive an e-mail asking for us to call them. Called no one knew why e-mail was sent told us they would check on order and get back to us that day. No one called back. Two days later called them again to check on order was then informed just the day before product has been discontinued. They offer to get us a lesser product for the same price! And hung up on me when I asked to speak with owner or someone in charge!

A  19th of Feb, 2009 by
Shopdigitaldirect.com took my website order for a Nikon D80 at the very low price of $289 which I paid for with a credit card. The next day I was called. They needed to verify my credit card. After a long hold I was connected to Peter who told me that this was a wholesale item. Nothing comes with it. Not the battery or the software or the Nikon warranty. Peter said "You can't get that camera for that price" "That camera is worth twice that price." He offered me the battery (which Nikon includes in the purchase of the camera) for an additional $170. He then said the new total was $707. And he changed my order to a D60 and claimed it was the same camera. Then he told me it was a better camera. Admittedly I am surprised that I stayed on the phone with Peter so long. He had a strange power over me in that I had never been subjected to such highly motivated sales pressure. A half hour later I called up and told him I would not accept the D60 so he canceled my order and hung up on me. I will be monitoring my credit card for a while.