shoe zone / Simply awful

I purchase two pairs of the same style shoes for my sons for the new school term which started 3rd September. As we went on holiday from the 4th to the 22nd November 2009 and the fact that my sons will only wear shoes for school, these shoes have only been worn for 10 weeks. My eldest son's shoes now have a split on the sole, so I returned to Shoe Zone with my receipt to complain. The Manageress informed me that due to the shoe being older than three months they were out of their guarantee. I told her that I was surprised that they only guarantee shoes for three months and that I believed that this was not acceptable. I requested that they send my sons shoes away to be inspected by the shoe arbitrator. She refused and said that they did not do that. The only thing she could do was to give me her Area Manageress telephone number so I could contact her. Again I said that I expected to be able to speak to the Area Manager at the shops expense and asked for the Manageress to contact her. When I started talking again to the Area Manager, she was annoyed that I was not talking exclusively with her, and then said that the Manageress told her that she felt the shoes had had unfair wear and tear. I told her this was not the response I had got from this Manager and was annoyed at being told two different things. This Area Manageress told me the only thing she could do was to come into the shop during the week and inspect the shoes herself, so I had no choice but to leave these shoes with the shop. I am now going to have to wait for a call from the Area Manageress, and no doubt this will be another heated conversation.

Al

Comments

• Am
      19th of Aug, 2009

Whether you wear your shoes 1 day a week or every day it only takes one outting to do any damage to footwear. My brother and I used to get the same shoes for school and mine would last all year, his woul dbe worn out in 3 months or less. I would gladly shop at a store that offerred any form of gaurantee on footwear.