Shoe Pavilion / Rude employees and inadequate service

1 13245 Riverside DriveSherman Oaks, CA, United States Review updated:

On February 12, 2008, I visited the Shoe Pavilion's Burbank location. The service was inadequate. After waiting several minutes for the cashier, Isabell, who was busy socializing with her co-worker to acknowledge me, requested a product search from another location. She advised that she was not allowed to call another store for me. When asked if she could check the stock room for the item she reluctantly called an associate but advised that they do not have a stock room. I am further disturbed by the failure of their Corporate office to acknowledge the complaint. I spoke to a Lori at [protected] on April 29, 2008 who advised that she would forward the report to Kim Ju, Burbank District Manager and would have him follow up with me within 48 hours. When I inquired as to the reason no one contacted me from my initial report of the incident on their website and via email to jseiler AT shoepavilion.com, Lori advised that the company does not respond to complaints filed at the website. Odd, since it specifically indicates at the website to file any complaints or issues. It has been more than 3 months and no one from Shoe Pavilion has extended the professional courtesy of a reply, not to mention a resolution. Based on the lack of follow up from the Corporate level, I understand the attitude of the employees on the store level. It appears that it is encouraged to disregard the consumer. The entire experience implies that Shoe Pavilion customers are viewed as an inconvenience rather than valued customers. I have taken my business to their competitors and have advised my family, friends, associates and employees to do the same.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      14th of Sep, 2008
    Shoe Pavilion - False advertising
    Shoe Pavilion
    7519 E. Carson St. Ste. B-9
    Long Beach
    California
    Phone: (562) 627.8880
    shoepavilion.com

They ran ads on television claiming ALL boots were on sale for 1/2 price. When I went to the store, I was told there was no sale. I have the program on TIVO so I have electronic verification and plan to file a complaint with the attorney general's office. I will never go there again and will notify the television station about the false ad.

29th of Sep, 2008

well I went to the store in mountain view, ca. and walk into the sale rack were there was an employee with the name tag sheryl,
    she was every rude when i ask her for help . she acted like I was borthering her from moving shoes. whats more in important moving or selling? Maybe the owner of this company should see whats going on in his store. Specially after going bankrupt.

• Ca
      26th of Oct, 2008

I think they are a terrible place to shop. My husband's mom bought him some sandles for his birthday and he didn't like them so I tried to take them back with the receipt which didn't say it had to be taken back to the store it was bought at and even though I had a valid receipt they would not take them back. The guy said I would have to go all the way to the store she got them from and they might return them for me. I live nowhere near that store and have to work all day tomorrow which is when the receipt expires so now he is stuck with a pair of sandles that he doesn't want.

• Mo
    San Leandro
    California
    Phone: 510-895-1816
    shoepavilion.com

I recentley worked for shoe pavilion and not only is the management atrochious but the business ethics are NON exsistent!! I got fired and it took them over a week to get my final paycheck...with one excuse after the other...