Shlomo Sixt Car Rentalcharged in wrong currency

I rented a car from this company in December 2014. The cost of the rental was 1179 Israeli Shekels. However, they charged me 1179 USD. Which is significantly more than the price of the rental. 1 USD is equal to 4 Israel Shekels. So what should have cost me the equivalent of 290 USD they took nearly 900 USD more! So now 2.5 months later, I still have not received my money back. I have called constantly. They claim they made a refund on the 18th January to my card, yet magically no money has reached my bank account to which my card is linked. I have visited my bank 2 times, and they say there must be a problem with the transaction on the side of the rental company. Shlomo sixt is simply not interested in helping they couldn't care less. They say that it is now my problem to sort out and try and find where my money is gone. The attitude sucks. Someone's stupid mistake has left me substantially without funds, I have had to borrow money to top up my account, along with the cost of phone calls, and the hassle of borrowing money. I am sick to death of this and still no further down the line.

Mi
Mar 10, 2015

Comments

• Fc
      May 21, 2017

We rented a car from shlomo sixt and they gave us a damaged dirty Picanto.
    When we came to return the car at ben Gurion airport they said we had smoked in the car when we did not smoke in it!
    They then said they would charge us 500 shekels for cleaning the car and that we had to sign that we agreed!
    We refused to sign and they said that they would not give us a ride to the terminal!
    We ended up taking a cab from the rental area to the terminal and almost missing our flight!
    When we got back home and spoke with the bank they charged us 600 shekels!
    This was the worst experience I've had with a rental car company.
    DON'T RENT From SHLOMO SIXT unless YOU have a good LAWYER in Israel