Shipgreyhound / tracking methods

1 United States

I am leaving a comment about greyhounds tracking methods. I had a package sent from Texas to Nebraska. Left Texas the 13th, the person at the station said (and the quote said) that it would arrive 2 (TWO) days later in North Platte, NE. Fast forward 10 days, still no package, I call and they send out a memo to all the depots to try to find the package. 4 days later, I get a phone call from the depot in Omaha, NE telling me my package is there and they are unable to deliver to North Platte because the outside box (its not a 24hr depot) is to small and my package will not fit in it. They asked me to meet the bus at 3:20AM to pick it up (I might add that I live nearly 200mi from the depot).

The kicker is the person at the depot in Omaha told me that the package was on the bus the last 10 days going back and forth between Omaha and Denver. My question is, why was I not notified immediately that they could not deliver my package? Why was it on the bus for 10 days without notifying me?

The people at the phone number that I called were very rude when I called to inquire about the package. The only friendly person was the last time I called when she offered to send the memo to all the stations. Why couldn't they notifiy the other depots days before, why wait when their people at the original station said it would take 2 days?

Just a word of warning, if you have to ship something with them be prepared to have to wait many days for it and since they can't track the packages it might take much longer than you expected. I was glad my package arrived as they would not insure it for its full value either.

Da