shineway maintenance / fraud/promise of a job

1 NY, United States Review updated:

This person named DAVID SMITH called me and stated he had guaranteed a position for me in maintenance and
all i had to do was call a company called ( Job safety center.com ) and apply for a CRN # and the job was mine. Unfortunately i didnt do my research because i was urgently in need of a job.I went to the web site after paying the fee
and discovered that i now was not the only person defrauded by these entities . I can assure u that i will join the class action suit when these fraudulent persons or (entities ) are brought to justice please pass this information around.

Comments

• Na
      17th of May, 2009

god help us

• Bl
      18th of May, 2009

I got a call from this swindler too. I realized it was a fraud when the lady said I have to pay 98 dollars for a ### certification that I never heard of. And what was funny is when I asked David to explain what a CRN certification was he gave me the same exact explination as the woman from the other comapny. I found that strange. Its like it is scripted. And David sounds like a robot.

• Su
      18th of May, 2009

lol.. Thank God! I found this blog online. I just got a call and i thought it was fishy, it souded to good to be true. I figure it was a scam, 1 because the guy sounds like an automated system, two because his name is David Smith for some reason i was not conviced when i heard the name that's like using John Doe. I hope others are smart enough to google before actually going thru with this.

Godbless All!!

• Li
      19th of May, 2009

they just got me today i gave them $98 for me and my husband. david smith called me and said he ha a job for us and while we were trying to make a resume and we found this and i called david to tell him and he hung up. beware!!!

• Me
      20th of May, 2009

I just got a call from David Smith as well. Its funny because I told my boyfriend this David guy sounds like a robot too. It's a total scam because I actually got to choose what schedule I wanted and the pay was $14 hr. I decided to look up CRN job safety because I NEVER heard of that before and I was not about to lose $98. Im glad I ran into this complaint blog. They're out there trying to rob people but they didn't catch me!

• Na
      20th of May, 2009

Today, May 20, 2009 my husband received the same phone call from David Smith. What was fishy is his accent, to have the name David Smith and sound like he's from another country was an eyebrow raiser. I think its terrible that in a time like this where people don't have jobs or money, to try and beat people out of what little they have, is horrible. My husband gave the card number, but got suspicious and did not give his exp. date. Thank God. These people need to be arrested. I'm going to let the police know about this.

• Dr
      20th of May, 2009

wow this guy just called me also, the job sounded perfect and Im in need of a job pretty badly but the guy just sounded...wrong, saw that I had to pay 98 bucks for this crn number so thats when i did some research and found this site, cant even search for a job anymore these days.

• Me
      20th of May, 2009

PEOPLE DO NOT PAY $98 FOR CRN. IT DOES NOT EXIST!! IT IS A SCAM!!! IF "DAVID SMITH" CALLS ANY ONE OF YOU AGAIN, HANG UP!!

• Ro
      21st of May, 2009
    shineway maintenance - Promise of a job
    Shineway Maintenance
    Bronx, NY
    New York
    Phone: 347-261-3842

I saw this ad in the newspaper for a custodial maintenance position. I called the number and left my name and number, i recieved a return call from a Mr. David Smith. Informing me that a job was promised to me, if I obtained a crn#. I asked him if he had a fax#, so I could forward my resume. He gave me the fax#, and I faxed my resume. He even gave me the telephone number, of the job safety center. I hesitated at first, until I received yet another call from Shineway Maintenance from a guy named Ralphy. Stating that my resume had been sitting on his desk, and that I had the job once I obtained the crn# and to call back once I did. I received the crn# on April 9, 2009. I called Ralphy on April 10, 2009, and got an answering machine. I left a message, and never got a return phone call. a couple of weeks later just by coincidence, a friend of mines informed me of this same mishap he had experienced with Shineway Maintenance. I tried faxing a copy if my certificate attention to David Smith, no response. Which led me to going on the internet, where I am now. It is a real shame, that there are very inconsiderate people out there taking advantage of people like me. For their persinal gain. If and when these people are caught, please include me in your class action suit. I want these people prosecuted, to the fullest extent of the LAW!

• Hu
      28th of May, 2009

I got the same call yesterday May 27 but this guy David didn't mention the 98 dollar to me, i actually figured that out when i was trying to understand what a cnr is and i found a blog that says is a scam, thanks god i didn't pay anything but this David Smith needs to go to jail for real. but the way i live in Atlanta Ga.

• Pr
      28th of May, 2009

hey i had david smith call me with a job offering. he told me i needed a crn # to get the job. he said i needed the crn#. father has been in the janitorial business for almost 20 years, and never heard of this. i called the number to obtain a crn number and it was $98 to register. i knew it was a scam. never pay money to be employed. maybe for business opportunities, but to work for an employer. i am forwarding this to ga state consumer affairs.

• Pa

power to the people!

29th of May, 2009

David Smith sounds like a towel head douchebag lol he tried and i almost fell for it what a jerk.Well i hope there is a lawsuit cause i would love to see david and buff and strip his face with my fist lol.If there is a lawsuit somebody please contact me at jab011477@aol.com.Thank you

• Do
      29th of May, 2009

My husband called me today 5/29. He was sooooo excited that he was barely able to breath! After being unemployed on a regular basis for quite sometime, he had left several messages for an ad that a friend gave him regarding a maintainence position. After almost giving up hope, at last he received a return phone call! David Smith who clearly had a heavy Middle Eastern accent, and appeared to be reading from a script, gave him the same line about the guaranteed job- Mon-Fri-8-4, Saturday's optional. After entering his zip code, he was told that the job would be no more than 5 miles from our home! Wow...can you imagine...we thought our prayers had been answered! He happily wrote down the toll free number to call to get more info on the CRN #. Once he called that #, he was directed to another # to speak to a live person, who again, had a very heavy Middle Eastern accent. Her name was LaTisha! She explained that she could give him the test questions over the phone, and after paying a $98 fee, he would be certified, and able to start work right away. Thank God he was suspicious due to the name not matching the accent, the toll free # directing him to another # for a live person, having to pay a fee for a CRN # which he has never heard of, etc. He felt that David & LaTisha were probably sitting side by side in the same room laughing at him. It's such a shame to be taken advantage of when you're desperate for a way of providing for your family!!

29th of May, 2009

I just got a call from 1 of there representives asking me that they haven't recieved my resume with the CRN#lol.It sounded like she was calling from an empty house and she told me she'll hold the job position till monday or she'll give it to somebody else.While she was telling me this i was scratching my balls and shooting her a bird what scam artist lol.

29th of May, 2009

She asked me for 98$ bucks for the CRN# i told her i'll give her an I OWE U! lol.People be careful this smells like fishy they know the economy is in ### and there taking advantage of the situation uemployed people looking for work.

• Pe
      1st of Jun, 2009

My boyfriend and I got the same phone call on 6/1/09. They gave both him and I that same script. He did his reaserch and ran across this webiste. There's no way I will pay $98 for something that I haven't heard off. Thank God for the internet.

KC

2nd of Jun, 2009

Shineway idiots, shineway jerkoffs, shineway ###, shineway ###s there so fake.

• Th
      4th of Jun, 2009

these people have done me the same way but, i also talked to david and a women name debra that also promised me a job if i obtained a crn# these people are taking advantage of hard working people in this hard time for millions, i too hope they rot in hell for this, that was my last 100 dollars they took from me please WE all need to come together for this one people. WE ALL HAVE AN IDENTICAL STORY!!!

• Th
      4th of Jun, 2009

Them ### got me too we ALL NEED TO COME TOGETHER ON THIS AND SUE THE SHYT OUT OF THESE ### THAT WAS MY LAST 100 dollars they took from a hard workin man when i find them HEADS WILL ROLL AND THEIR POCKETS WILL BE OURS!!!