ShieldHost.com / Incredibly lousy customer support

United States Review updated:
I selected these folks for hosting a small, very simple, website for my wife's personal training business, some 7 years ago. I admit that I had no real clue of how to qualify a hosting service and chose them largely for thier "package/price". Early on, I required some assistance with the mechanics of getting my content posted and working properly and was pleased to find that I could talk with a real person, in my own state (TX). For several years we did not have occasion to update the content and had few reasons to interface with the company.

A couple years later, I added a "sub-domain" for my small consulting business (once again a VERY simple, one page site). As I was shifting from having been a "direct" employee to a consultant, I found that I was searching for new work frequently. During the "slow" times (when the phone didn't ring), I would frequently pull-up my website (resume`) to make sure that it was still alive. On several occasions I found that I could not access my page, or my wife's. During this period I noticed that, when called the customer support line, I would be connected to someone who sounded VERY Indian. When they instituted a "help ticket" process, things went from bad to worse. It would now take days or weeks to get my site back "on-line". Earlier this year, after once again finding my sites unavailble and as my renewal deadline approached, I decided that I had had enough. I "asked" that they provide me with thier "nameserver" info, so that I could take my sites elsewhere. I received nothing in response, except an advance bill for the upcoming quarter's hosting "service". Repeated requests, even in conjuction with an offer to pay for any additional monnies that they felt I owed them, received only another "billing notice".

So here I am with BOTH my little site's "addresses" being held hostage. Is there no recourse for the consumers of these "services"?

Cliff Rose
Georgetown, TX
Cl

Comments

Un
  21st of Feb, 2009
I too had a bad experience with Shieldhost. I recently sent this letter to the Administrative contact listed at Network Solutions.

Dear Karo: Some time ago I canceled my service with Shieldhost, mainly because I found it difficult to get support. Since then I have received many emails about my credit card expeiring.

I have sent numerous emails letting them know that I did not have service with shieldhost any longer and to make sure I am no longer being billed. After several more emails I finally wrote an email stating to quit the emails or I would have to sue for harrassment.

This is the response I received:

________________________________________________________________________________

----- Original Message -----
From: 'ShieldHost Sales'
To: darlene@floriano.com
Sent: Sat Feb 21 1:12
Subject: Fwd: [ShieldSales #MZV-18184-884]: Re: Credit Card Expiration Notice: ShieldHost.com a division of We Host Anyone INC

I removed your record off all the possible databases of shieldhost not to hurt your tender feelings.
Enjoy

If this is the sort of professionalism you train your sales staff to conduct it is any wonder that there is so many complaints out on the web. Had your company attended to my needs as a customer and not answered emails in this manner I may have continued my business with you.

I am so dissappointed with the way businesses contuct themselves these days. I myself manage over 100 million dollars with of business in my region. If I spoke to my customers this way, even past customers I would not have had the successful year that I had. I achieved my plan for 2008 as well as awarded the honor of Top Performer in my company. I work for a company that sells it's product world wide.

If more businesses today conducted themselves in a professional manner they would stay in business longer.
Ch
  22nd of Jun, 2009

ShieldHost.com - Scammers
Shieldhost.com

These buggers tried to charge my credit card, saying I had their hosting plan on 'autorenew' when I didn't.

Now, one year later, they want to charge me again.

Shieldhost is a scam.
To
  10th of Aug, 2009
Do yourself a favor...don't sign up with Shieldhost. I've received password information for other peoples accounts. Furthmore, it took me over a month for them to respond to a request for help. It won't be long and Shieldhost will be belly up...stay away from this company.