Shield Star Warranty / Scam

Shield Star / www.shieldstar.com is a scam. This is a home warranty scam.

Because of this website, I did not use American Home Shield or National Home Protection. I found Shield Star on the internet and they sounded pretty good as a start-up company.

I entered my information to get a quote, and found out that you need to wait for them to call you to get your quote. They made it seem that my quote would come immediately. That was problem number 1.

Next, I get a call from a gentlemen, definately using a fake voice, offering to give me a quote. At first, he seemed very helpful, but then as his fake voice kept going in and out, he started talking to someone else in his office, cussing, laughing, and making jokes. Anyway, I asked how long they were in business he said something like 8 years, so I asked if I could read some info on their website and he said, oh the website is still under contstruction??? I said for 8 years???? he laughed and said you know how hard it is to get good technicians. Anyway this was the biggest joke I ever heard, and I need to warn everyone about the www.shieldstar.com scam.

Stay away from the shield star scam.

I reported them to the better business bureau and hope that everyone can find this post and not make the mistake of purchasing from them.

Ad

Comments

• Ho
      18th of Aug, 2009

picture

• Em
      30th of Dec, 2010
    Shield Star Warranty - NO SERVICE
    Shield Star Warranty

I bought this summer, july 31, two home warranty contracts with Shield Star. One for the home we just bought and one to be used once we sold our house. After Thanksgiving, our microwave broke. I called, for a few days it kept saying all circuits are busy. Then I emailed and it said email box full. I finally found this website, contacted twice with no response the lawyer who posted they are doing a class action against shield star and saw the BBB in NJ i think, says as of Nov. 3 they closed! I contacted mastercard and i just sent all the emails I got that were contracts. Trying to get not only my 800 dollars back but also my microwave fixed. If you have any suggestions to help me please email me at ejmv82@hotmail.com I am so upset right now!