SHERMAN SPORTS INJURY CENTER / GREED

1 2225 SHERMAN WAYCanoga Park, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 818 888 8058

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS SO CALLED CHIROPRACTOR OFFICE! THE CHIROPRACTOR DR. ALAN SHERMAN HAS A MAL PRACTICE OF A BUISNESS. HE WILL TELL YOU THAT HE HAS BEEN IN BUISNESS FOR 20 YRS BUT THAT PLACE HAS ONLY BEEN THERE FOR ROUGHLY FIVE.

HE DOES NOT CLEAN THE ELECTRODES THAT HE USES ON HIS PATIENTS FOR PHYSICAL THERAPY BETWEEN EACH USE. HE BILLS CLIENTS WITHOUT THEM KNOWING AND BILLS THIER INSURANCE FOR WRONG CODES TO GET MORE MONEY. HE IS ONLY CONCERNED WITH GETTING PATIENTS IN TO FILL HIS QUOTA FOR THE DAY (MONEY) NOT THE PATIENT. AND WHEN YOU GET THERE YOU ARE WAITING BECAUSE HE SCHEDULES SO MANY AT THE SAME TIME. THE GIRLS THAT DO THE PHYSICAL THERAPY ARE NOT TRAINED THERAPY ASSISTANTS BUT ARE MERELY RECEPTIONISTS AND DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

HE TOUCHES ON THE PATIENTS TOO MUCH FOR COMFORT AND IS ALWAYS TRYING TO SELL SOMETHING. WATCH HIM WITH YOUR THIRD EYE AND WATCH YOUR WALLET.
THAT PLACE IS NOT CLEAN AND HIS THERAPY DOES NOT WORK. HE OUGHT TO BE INSPECTED

Comments

• Bi
      28th of Sep, 2009

I have been coming to the office for 5 years and do not agree with any of your malicious comments. First the electrodes are always cleaned with alc0hol, 2nd Dr. Sherman has been in practice for 18 years so get your information right. If you want to put someone down make sure your information is right. 3rd I have never heard of a quota from any of the staff, ever. 4th I never seen anything unprofessional since I have been coming. I have come on a regular basis for many years and appreciate the hard work the doctor and his staff has done to correct my back problem. I have talked to many of the patients who are very happy with his services and have notice many professional athelets that see him who could see anyone they want but chose to go to him. So if you have a problem you should come to him instead of being malicious. I am not afraid to put my name on my comment whereas I see you chose to keep your name hidden.
    An appreciative patient
    Bill Onesh

• Co
      16th of Feb, 2011

I fully agree that this guy is out for the almighty dollar above all else. If he wasn't a chiropractor/trainer he could easily be a snake oil salesman. Be very wary of his "discount" for multiple appts. He sneaks in sales tax, which is only legal for goods and not services. He'll make sure you get a top-notch pro first appt. but will then make you take a back seat to his regular old fart cash-cow cronies (which is obviously what the commenter who defends him is). He gets you face down on his table into a prone position and then tells you everything that's wrong w/ your lifestyle and how he's going to change your life (apparently for "only" 5+ years of visits). Once you're near the end of your pre-paid appts. he'll warm up to you again so he can give you his sales pitch to continue seeing him.
    As far as his staff goes, he hires girls w/ ZERO experience in this area & obviously gives them very little or no training (probably pays them about $10 an hour). In fact, their training is on-the-job at YOUR expense. In addition, I had my privacy invaded twice while behind a curtain getting treatment by them sticking a newly-hired inexperienced person into this private space to "observe & learn". Very creepy. With that said, the newbie girls are very nice & generally eager to satisfy for the most part. Never had a problem w/ cleanliness, which is the only other positive I can give. I also agree that the scheduling is awful (unless of course you're a crony or a new patient, in which case you move to the front of the line..new patients temporarily).
    Finally, Commenter Bill is way off-base when slamming the original complainer here. Saying that the original poster "should've come to him instead of being malicious" is absolutely ridiculous. This a forum for opinions whether good or bad. I could care less if Sherman flounders or flourishes. But if you get some brownie points & free treatment for putting the guy on a pedestal, then bully for you.

• Su
      27th of Jul, 2011

I was in his office in 1993 (another location) so he has been in business that long atleast. I personally know those who know him and he has a good reputation for being honest and trustworthy. - Susan Swarthout

• Fc
      5th of Apr, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Sherman since 2002. I was his 9th patient in this location. I come for therapy twice a week, mainly for relief of fibromyalgia. Dr. Sherman and his staff are very knowledgeable in the treatments available for this condition. On Mondays Dr. Sherman works with me in the gym, then adjusts me, and has me stretched, then I have a massage with Karina. On the other day, Dr. Sherman works with me on yoga, balance, and core strength. My chronic pain has improved greatly since coming here. Every time I come here, everyone is in a good mood and they joke around which makes being here a lot of fun and the time passes rapidly. I have always found Dr. Sherman and his staff to be extra aware of absolute cleanliness.

• Bl
      8th of Apr, 2013

Sherman is an amazing Sales person. He is a horrible man Ethical wise. He is ALL about money. He tells you to take his immunity powders instead of antibiotics...because he can not write a prescription...and his products do not work...in the past years he only had one worker who was a very dear middle eastern girl but he said one day she wont come back because she got sick. i do not believe that. She probably got fired for being better than him with patients.(the Dr and her seemed to have a sexual relationship). all the other ones were crazy or strippers. His work is not professional. and he doesn't know s*it about blood cells under the microscope. it is all an act. and as a black woman i thought he is racist.

• Bo
      8th of Jul, 2014

Dr. Sherman is very honest and down to earth Gentleman. Of course, he does not say much to waste any one's time, however if you carefully listen to him and digest it to follow his approach you can recover from a serious spine condition or knees or shoulder problems.
    I was suffering from Low Back problems for over 2 years and he told me the first time, it will take time to heal and YES after 3 months I have seen lot of improvements to the point I am preparing for 26.2 mile marathon in November. Yeas it is all about his approach and training that has got me to this point.
    Thank you Dr. Sherman and wish you all the success.
    Bob Patel. acr1986@att.net