Sheplers / Smoky mountain boots

Witchita, US

I ordered a pair of boots in red. I waited about 2 weeks for delivery. When they finally arrived, I discovered Shepler's had sent me blue instead of red. I contacted them. No apology from Shepler's, they just told me told me I would have to do an exchange and wait 2-3 weeks after they received the return package for them to process my exchange. They did not offer me free postage, however, I requested this given it was not my fault. I returned the boots using their label, the slowest shipping method. I then got an email saying boots had been received and my case was being processed. I waited without any word from Sheplers. I then called them to check on my case and they told me they had processed a refund instead as the boots (which I had bought at their sale price) were discontinued and out of stock. These boots had been available via Ebay & Amazon when I ordered from Sheplers for about $10 more than the Shepler's sale price. They are no longer available at any of these retailers.

Everybody I dealt with or spoke to at Sheplers was either rude or plain unhelpful. I wasted a lot of time and energy on this case, only to get to this result. Customer service did not even offer me a gift card or something as a good gesture. I will never buy from Sheplers ever again. Very, very poor customer service.

Jo