Shelter Insurance / Screwed by Shelter Insurance
On November 30th, 2008, I was rear-ended at a stop light in Ft. Worth, TX. The driver of the vehicle was from Oklahoma, and was covered by Shelter Insurance of Edmond, OK. Bottom line, I spoke with their claims adjuster, Ms. Konny Styles, who assured me Shelter would cover the cost of my repairs and a rental car. I own a ladies' retail clothing business, and December is a VERY busy month for our business. I was finally able to take my car in on Monday, December 30th, for repair, and picked up a rental car where Shelter told me to go, which was Enterprise Auto Rental. My auto body shop offered a FREE LOANER CAR while mine was being repaired; however, I let them know that I wouldn't need it, since Shelter offered to take care of that.
Long story short, I turned in my rental car to Enterprise on Monday, January 5, one week after picking it up. I was told that everything was OK. To my shock and surprise, I received a bill on my Visa card to the tune of $196.28 from Enterprise. Shelter Insuance denied full payment to Enterprise, asserting that they were only authorizing 2 days of car rental. (In case you don't read all the fine print on the back of the rental car agreement you sign, it states that if for any reason the 3rd party does not pay the bill, YOU are on the hook, and there's nothing you can do about it!) Shelter asserts that since their estimate states that it should take 2 days to repair the car, that equates to only 2 days of rental car expense. ABSURD!
Word to the wise...STAY WAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING OR ANYONE CONNECTED WITH SHELTER INSURANCE!!! They are not allowed to operate in Texas, and now I know why!!!
More Shelter Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Shelter Insurance - Claims 
- Shelter Insurance - Failure to accept resposibility for claim 
- Shelter Insurance - Bad service 
- Shelter Insurance - Racism 
- Shelter Insurance - Not good Insurance 
- Shelter Insurance - Poor Customer Service 
- Shelter Insurance - Rip off 
- Shelter Mutual Insurance Company - car ins. no settlement
- Shelter Insurance - Towing insurance that I have paid for & now not able to collect. Sounds like shelter has a lot of complaints. Wake up shelter insurance!
- Shelter Insurance - Ripped off on car insurance