Shell Vacations Club / Rip Off

Phoenix, AZ, US Review updated:

I am infuriated with Shell. I purchased points in Phoenix, AZ with my friend in 2002. We both have paid half the cost and paid it off. Since then our friendship has ended because I continued to receive maintenance fees bills and he stopped paying me his half to pay the company. I continued to pay the entire fee to avoid having my credit ruined even though I have only been able to use the thing once in 7 years. Never has any place been available that I wanted to use when I wanted or was able to go. Crazy thing, my ex-friend contacted Shell and had all the information changed to his address and zip code password that I did not know, so that he could use the vacation points. Because I did not know his new address, when I contacted Shell to inquire about the account, they would not give me any information, even though I relayed the story and gave them all my information. They would not provide me any account information regarding the status of the account, nor whether the maintenance fees were being made, etc. Then several months later my ex-friend started forwarding me collections bills from a collection company regarding delinquent maintenance fees. And, of course in the meanwhile my credit has been negatively affected. I contacted Shell requesting that they remove my name from the deed and repair my credit since they prevented me from even accessing the account. I refuse to pay for something I am unable to use. I've talked to two people at Shell about this and they tell me they are going to talk to managers and call me back but they never do. I work very hard and don't even have spare time to attend to this, but it ridiculous that a company can do this and the consumer can't get any fair resolution. Why should anyone have to pay maintenance fees on something they own and don't use and if you can't access the account to make payments, how can they have the audacity to hold you accountable to make them? I am infuriated with this treatment. I will be retiring from my job in a couple of years. Once I do, I will dedicate 100% of my time and efforts to exposing these crooks, getting every penny of my money back and trying to prevent them from being able to do this to anyone else...even if I have to obtain my own law degree to do it.

Comments

• Ju
      Sep 15, 2009

Does the name Bernie Madoff sound familiar here? How about the wedding and exercise clubs that fole their tents and leave with your money?

What happens when all the shares are sold and money collected and suddenly the phones are disconnected?

• Ga
      Oct 04, 2009

I have an idea, why dont you call your 1800 # you were given when you baught, and give them your SS# and let them look up your owner info ?

IF and i say, If you are on title, then maybe you might want to be your bills, and catch up with your account so you can reap the benifits of what you and your lover friend baught together !
    I own just a small package with Shell Vacations club and can do every thing and more, but i do pay my bills !

Learn what you own ! and learn your lesson ! You never buy anything long term with a none married partner, with out some sort of protection clause in place.

Good luck !