Shell Vacations Club / We feel they lied to us to make us sign

1 12021 Harbor BlvdGarden Grove, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 714-867-5300

On August 15, 2008 we were on our way to dinner and we were approched by a lady saying that they would give us dinner if we just listen to a presentation for 45 min. and that if we didn't want to buy that we can leave. Well when we got there they serve us cold sandwiches and my kids were put in a different room they said that they will also be fed. We were sitting a table and David came and started to talk to my husband and even share some of his personal things with us the 45 min. turn into 3 hours and a manager coming to our table to ask us if we wanted to sign and tha if we did that he would give us $600 for the first six months and $200 for dinner and 2 days in someplace. Well I was so tired I had checked on my kids and they had not eaten because they were supposed get it them selfs 4 and 8 year old. I started to tell that we need to go and they insisted.
We were told that if we choose to become part of the family and thenm change our minds that we can do so THEY never said you only have 7 days. Kim who was the person who went over the contract said (I have never explain this contract soo fast, if you choose to cancel all you have to do is pay the $200 on your credit card NEver said you have 7 days to do this! )
We were on vacation, we wanted to get out of ther so we can go and feed our kids, When I got back home we made the decision to cancel because I had lost my job, I send the letter through e-mail, Fax and mail and I was never called to find out why we wanted to cancel...
When I called I would leave messages and no one called us back I did this for about 3 weeks. I rteceived a bill from a credit card for a balance of $900 which I had no clue why I called the credit card and explain to then that I will not accept the charges because I had a dispute with the company.
I called Shells spoke to some lady named Ana and I was very upset because she never stated by when I was supposed to send the letter so that I was stuck with this even if I didnt want it.
She said they called us which of course is a lie because if they would have called they would have left a message and we would have called the person back.
IS there anything I can do I feel they tired me out and starved my kids they kept saying 15 min thats all, ran throught what I was signing and never explain to me that I only had 7 days to cancel. I need help can anyone give me some points of where to get help?

Comments

• Ap
      30th of Sep, 2008

BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION SHOULD HELP YOU. I SAW A SPECIAL ON EITHER 20-20 OR DATELINE ABOUT TIMESHARE COMPANIES WHO SCAM.

29th of Oct, 2008

first of all, i would never sign a contract without reading the documents. Nobody forced you to sign them or sit there for 3 hours. it is unfortunate that you lost your job and did not want the timeshare anymore but if you would have known what you were signing then this would never had happened. You did not have to take the offer.

• Ga
      22nd of Dec, 2008

we need more people to stand up together and get stronger. shell vacation victim please join my communite forum at http://antishellvacation.com

• Az
      1st of Jun, 2009

I HAVE SAT THROUGH 3 PRESENTATIONS & HAVE UPED OUR POINTS EACH TIME. WHEN THE DOCUMENTS ARE PRESENTED YOU ARE NOT ONLY TOLD (you were probaly tired & not paying attention) but it is writing that per state law you have 7 days to cancel free of charge. IGNORENCE OF THE LAW IN NO REASON TO BLAME THE RESORT FOR THEIR FULL DISCLOSURE... YOU WERE GIVEN THE PACKET "YOU" SIGNED. WE ARE VERY HAPPY OWNERS. IN FACT THE NEWEST PROMO THEY OFFER ALLOWS US RO RECOMEND THE CLUB TO OTHES & WE NO LONGER PAY THE ASSOCIATION DUES. WE HAVE TAKEN MANY TRIPS TO SEVERAL OF THE CLUB DESTINATIONS 12 DAYS SO FAY & WE ONLY OWN 2250 POINTS. JUSTA LIKE ANY VACATION... TIMING IS EVERYTHIN. I HIGHLY RECOMEND USING THE WEB SITE TO BOOK YOUR VACATIONS SO THAT YOU CAN SEE THE POINT FLUCTUATIONS ON A CALENDAR & MAKE BETTER TRAVEL DECISIONS. WE LIKE TRAVELING DURING THE WEEK. NOT ONLY ARE THE CROWDS MUCH SMALLER BUT WE MAXIMIZE OUT POINT VALUE. happy vacationing... ps we would happily buy your points if interested in selling