Sheldon Cleaners / Pressing my own clothes on my business trips

As a clothier I have 30 years of experience in clothing care an maintenances, fiber expectations ect.
In the spring of this year I dropped off a very large dry cleaning order to Sheldon (40 plus items).
When I picked the items up I did not even think to inspect their workmanship of this order. I was hugely disappointed as most of the items were not even thoroughly pressed. Many items were returned shrunken, torn, and tattered. My ensuing work with them (7 or more return visits) in an effort to rectify the problems which took until October of this year to finally resolve, some at my expense. While they did re-do and were unsuccessful at placing blame on me due to my experiential level I ultimately felt that they had failed to respect the value of my time as a business person and my apparel as a customer. Some of the repairs left me with garments that are lesser in fit and value to me as they are now not as they originally were (snagged, different buttons, different buckles, non symmetrical arms eyes, tattered hems, heavily frayed seam allowances.

I was extremely disappointed as I had the expectation that Sheldon keeps you looking good motto had some truth in it. I expected my garments to be properly, well cared for and returned to me in better condition than which I had dropped them off. I certainly did not expect to be pressing my own clothes on my business trips, or finding my garments unbearable.

Company details:

Sheldon Cleaners
3000 Breton Rd. Se
Grand Rapids, MI 49512

A  23rd of May, 2007 by
I too have had problems with their service. I guess blaming the consumer or the manufacturer is their way of handling things. The more people that report their bad experiences with them the better. Consumer beware of this company. I plan on posting my complaint about them too.
A  27th of Apr, 2008 by
I've had shirts taken in and they could not have been irorned AND I was charged the higher price charge for women's blouses. The reason for the higher price? They would have to take MORE care ironing my blouses! The have lost any sense of customer service. The day staff at the 29th & Breton location have the customer service skills of the Soup Nazi! This is not a good store, and if you use any of the other stores in the surrounding location, your clothes are sent to the Breton location anyway!
A  17th of Jul, 2008 by
Just this past weekend my girlfriend brought in her work suits(She is in a traning program that has appearance as a critique). The warehouse had a power outage and she was unable to get her clothing before she had to leave for a week long business trip to Detroit. They said that they could not call us and let us know in advance because her cell phone number was long distance. We asked that we be able to go to the warehouse to retrieve the clothing so she could get them cleaned while in Detroit. They said that would be fine acept the warehouse closed in 11 minutes and they wouldn't stay open any later for us to drive over and find the suits. I was then told by a manager over the phone that I could "go buy new suits."

When I finally got contacted by customer service (5 days after trying to repeatedly contact them) I was told by another manager, Nancy, that another manager would "say no such thing" and she would "bet her house on that." (So now I am a liar). She then started to go on and say that my claims are rediculous and told me that she has no control over a power outage, "only God does." With as many people in this world that may not believe in your God I wouldn't think it smart to bring it up in a professional setting.

I also explained that I was only asking to be compensated for $33 when I also had to drive 250miles round trip ($70 in gas) to bring my girlfriend her clothing.
A  17th of Oct, 2008 by
Funny, I have also had an extremely horrible experience with Nancy, the "manager" at Sheldon Cleaners. She actually went as far as asking me WHY I was calling her and then told me I was rude because, basically, I had a complaint. I will NEVER, EVER use Sheldon Cleaners again and will make sure that the word gets out to others, this including the owner of Sheldon Cleaners. Has anyone ever checked there Better Business Burea rating, it is unsatisfactory.
N  6th of Mar, 2014 by
you should see how they treat their employees. half of the things they do at sheldon are illegal.