Sheer Cover / Scam

TN, United States Review updated:

1st pkg arrived. Product was very small amount. Enough for 1 application. Then paperwork states if you are happy with product to sign up for membership. Does not go into cost. I was not happy with product so did not sign up. One week later my account was hit for almost $40. I had not received any other product. Then when I call customer service I am informed I have a $120 balance and the product is due to ship in two weeks. I told them I do not want the product to refund what has been taken from my account and keep the product. I am then informed they cannot do that and that they will continue to charge my account until I send product back. Keep in mind product has NOT been shipped to me yet. Sad to see the stars that tie their name to this product I wonder if they know how this company conducts business. Buyer beware. DO NOT request info on product that is how they pull you into trapping you into a membership.

Comments

• Bo
      3rd of Oct, 2009

Someone needs to expose this scam by Sheer Cover and the Guthy/Renker Corporation! Leeza Gibbons is the endorser, as well as Alyssa Milano and Melissa Gilbert. It hasn't happened to me, personally, because I found this website and was saved from making a serious mistake!

17th of Dec, 2009

Everyone should complain to their attorney general! I just tried to place an order but it kept saying my passwords didnt match, tried 3 times. it sure took my credit card info. though. I hope i am not billed for this. as it didnt say the order went through. If it does bill me i will be reporting to pa. attorney general and the fraud commision. everyone need to start doing this when they get ripped off.

17th of Dec, 2009

Sheer cover

• Je
      19th of Oct, 2010

I don't wear cosmetics often, but have seen the ads and thought this might be a good product to try. I expected to receive the 30 day trial plus my "free gifts" in my initial order. The first thing wrong was that there was supposed to be free shipping and of course they charged me $6.95 (which I promptly got back from my bank). Then I noticed that they were already invoicing me for future shipments. I cancelled that very same day (30 day money back guarantee and all). I cancelled the account and informed my bank so they never attempted to charge my card again, but have been sending me bills for a 90 day supply. They didn't respond to me regarding the fact that they are misleading in their ads. Receive a 30 day trial and THEN every 3 months get a 90 day supply, not to mention that technically I cancelled within 30 days, so they're supposed to refund the initial amount as well. Never once have they attempted to get back any unused portion either. Total SCAM!!

• Ri
      21st of Feb, 2011

Sheer cover's buy one get one free winter sale (for members) is a scam. They don't bother to send the free items and just keep charging the credit card. When you call them, they try to get around it...they don't want to send the free stuff and they get pissed off when you want to return the stuff. Ripoff company.

• Mi
      19th of Jan, 2013

If you paid by CC file a grievance w/the CC company (Charge dispute) Your CC company should be willing/able to back you you up and investigate the charge. No one should have to pay for something when they express that their not happy w/the product. Within a month you should be credited back on your CC. That's what I did. They tried to charge me $142.00 for a box I never even recieved! All I did was order the 'tiny' starter kit for $9.99 and two weeks later I got a looney bill that I was NOT going to pay. This company has been boardering on scamming people for a while now so don't be another victim.

15th of Sep, 2014