Sharaf DG / no replacement allowed within 1 day even

United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Hi,

On 31st Oct 2011 I purchased a Palson 30561 Fruit extractor +lima blender 30526 for 399 Aed from Sharaf DG Safeer Mall Store Sharjah UAE.I went to purchase a Food processor but upon Sales Executive convincing skills I ended up taking the above mentioned product.
Next day I realized I dint get what I was looking for as Food processor have so many options but this one had only two.I made up my mind to exchange it for Phillips food processor.
On 1st Nov 2011 I went to the same store at around 9 45 pm to exchange the product
I met Sudip thoo and gave back the product with everything including thermocol(used for packing).He opened the piece and said it was used.It wasnt used but washed but he kept on arguing with me when I dint use Y wuld I wash.
As far as I know in all eductational institutes it is taught to wash any product(Kitchen appliances) before u use.
I culdnt attach the blade to the motor how culd I use it the system was complicated I called the call centre 7 times the same day upon not getting them through and not able to fix it I decided to exchange it
.But he had already decided pre conceived and had a pre occupied mind that the product was used.
When dept incharge came Muhammed Tanveer just asked him what he said product was used and he continued the same song without even looking at the product.
Kindly replace the product and let me buy a Phillips food processor if it is possible.I have left the product at the store only .
The attitude and service of teh executive was pathetic and annoying.he was questioning me upon my creditability which is unacceptable.and I want you to take an action against the executive
Please do the needful if u can as on the back of my receipt it is written I can exchange it in 7 days.I was not even 1 day completed.

Regards
Arif
item code [protected](01042)

Comments

• Cf
      Sep 24, 2012

I too experienced the similar kind of thing at Sharaf DF Show room at Safeer Mall. The reponse/action on the csutoemr service desk is very poor, and the call centre is nothing but a telephone operator, whos says will pass on the message to store to call you back, but you will never get a call even after you acall 10 times to the call centre. Post Sales support/serice is very important for any Electronics Store, but surprisingly it is very poor at Sharaf DG. - by Fernando

• Du
      Mar 10, 2013

It is really frustrating to know that the same issue of "sub zero" customer service is going on and on and we are in 2013 and nothing is done seriously about it.
    I bought a laptop January 2013, Few days after purchase it started having some strange issues, took it to service, before even seeing the device the guy says: "but you have to pay 200dhs if it was a software issue!!", I said please inspect it first and we'll see, they returned it a few days after formatting and reinstaling windows, solved 3 problems (dvd, touchpad, and windows) and charged me 200dhs for their faulty laptop. Story didn't end there, as I had to take it 3 times to service afterwards and every single time the guy doesn't even listen to my explanation about the problem, I took a vedio and sent it to his management but still no response at all. I called the customer service and he tells me we can't help you and you gotta go to the store! I go to the store almost every other day for 2 months now and nothing happens, I can't use the laptop (Sony Vaio AED4, 300 worth) and they are not replacing it or refunding the purchase. I raised a case with DED (Dubai Economic Development) and going to eventually went to court and will start and official case today and still no one from SharafDG is even bothering to call me back! Even they don't have any service call or complain number and everytime I have to spend 30 minutes on the phone explaining the entire issue. I am not interested in the laptop or money anymore and all what I want is to see Dubai clean from such crappy traders.

Dubai is a great city and really cares for consumer rights, such careless players should not stay in business for that long!

Will keep you posted with the legal case updates.

• Vi
      Apr 21, 2014

i also having the same problem, i purchased a phone from sharaf dg and second day went to them for a compalint that its restarting its own and hanging. they deny to replace the set and told to go to the lenovo directly its not their problem. after arguing they told me to leve the set with them and they will sent it for software update. after 5 days and calling them like stupid they return the set back having same problem. i informed to customer service representative he told me that sir you made bad choice for this brand . this brand have many complaints if you want you can leave your set again they will sent it for software update again but cannot replace the set. even if it purchased now. from my side i say no to sharaf dg and came back with faulty set. and in future will never go to sharaf dg. very poor service .