Shapes Total Fitness / Cancellation procedures

1 Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:

I canceled in the same gym I first joined under your comfort plan; I went the amount of times I needed to go. I have all my documents and I will contact my attorney how dare you try to send me to a credit company for non-payment! I quite and I never ever want me or any one I know to go through the nightmare you people are putting me through, no person should have to go through this I am going to my space and I will do every thing I can to make sure that all your promotions are a scam I am also calling the better business bureau to report your company I also have inquired and I see that you have done the same to many people. I work for a government office and I will, do all in my power to bring the correct authorities to look into your business practices. I have repeatedly called you offices over and over and they repeat the same thing over and over, we will look into it we will take care of it. All lies!!!

Am

Comments

• Mi
      30th of Jun, 2009

you go girl!...this company has no business ethics whatsoever. I had experienced umemployment, no one at the gym helped me, instead I was told, that I should work out to relieve stress. I was mortified! To think that a business would turn around and expect me to choose between my groceries, and gas money, the bare necessities in today's life to be able to fill up their pockets even when I was NOT GOING! for a good year! I hope you get this business shut down, I really hope you sue them and get them to realise how they have ripped off millions of people thinking they would get away with it. No concern for the customers should be their motto. It is truly dispicable!

• Le
      19th of Apr, 2010

Hi, I took a leave of absence due to travel and then encountered illness and neglected to return to shapes.
    at this time I would like to cancel my membership and have the charge removed from my bank account.
    Thank you . LeanneZukowsky-Chiz leannemz@earthlink.net

• Wo
      9th of Jun, 2011

Last night approx. 2 minutes before class the manager of University Shapes pulled me to the side and threatened to revoke my membership if I did not stop talking to the other women regarding the 2 top instructors quitting the gym. The instructors both quit due to major paycuts by Shapes, after having worked there for yrs. This has eliminated our kickboxing classes, our Zumba classes and hip hop class. Both taught by theses 2 women. The members are very upset, speak among each other before & after class, I am most outspoken and therefore was singled out by the manager and threatened with revoking my membership I've had for 22 yrs. if I did not 'shut my mouth'. I was cornered outside of class, while class was lining up inside the classroom and started. No wonder instructors are quitting, if they treat their members of 22 yrs. in such fashion I'd hate to think how they treat their instructors. If you work out at Shapes you can not voice your opinion or you will be singled out by the Manager and threatened with revoking of membership. Needless to say the membership is now useless to me since both instructors which were giving these top classes are leaving. What ever happened to the 1st Amendment Freedom of Speech?